PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Touch Pro 2 and Wifi Router? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81724)

Tech Addiction 08-30-2009 10:34 PM

Touch Pro 2 and Wifi Router?

Has anyone tried using HTC Wifi Router on the Touch Pro 2? If so does it get as hot as the Touch Pro? My TP would get brutally hot after just a few minutes of use. I ended up getting a Mifi because of it.

Exil3d 08-30-2009 10:35 PM

Re: Touch Pro 2 and Wifi Router?

From what I hear and personal experience... the overheating problem is gone.

Tech Addiction 08-30-2009 10:38 PM

I haven't heard anybody say with regard to Wifi Router. With both radio's going at one time it puts out a lot more heat then just using it as a phone or PDA. Just curious about having both Radio's going at the same time on the TP2.

8notime 08-30-2009 10:49 PM

Hey Tech, before I returned the T-Mobile TP2 on Friday, I tried HTC Wi-Fi Router out and didn't notice the back of the phone heating up like my Verizoned Sprint Touch does. I only tried it out for about 20 minutes though just to see if it worked.

Aside from that, I did use Wi-Fi exclusively over the 14 days I was testing the phone out and I never noticed overheating issues. Hopefully the Verizon version is as good.

shtewps 08-31-2009 12:33 AM

This unit doesn't overheat regardless of the application you are using it in. And I've done just about every one.

gTen 08-31-2009 01:12 AM

Finally some confirmation..yey! plan on doing any wifi-routering longer then 20min? but still 20min is a good sign as my mogul begins to overheat in like 10min without a fan.

Tech Addiction 08-31-2009 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8notime (Post 1129724)
Hey Tech, before I returned the T-Mobile TP2 on Friday, I tried HTC Wi-Fi Router out and didn't notice the back of the phone heating up like my Verizoned Sprint Touch does. I only tried it out for about 20 minutes though just to see if it worked.

Aside from that, I did use Wi-Fi exclusively over the 14 days I was testing the phone out and I never noticed overheating issues. Hopefully the Verizon version is as good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shtewps (Post 1129933)
This unit doesn't overheat regardless of the application you are using it in. And I've done just about every one.

That's what I was looking for, thanks guys. My battery door has already changed color just from the short time I tried the app.. well that and using it as a bluetooth modem.

AstainHellbring 08-31-2009 11:57 AM

As has been posted all over there is a totally new chipset in TP2 as well as new wifi chipset that fixes the issue.

popularbelief420 09-17-2009 10:58 AM

I had the WM Wifi Router on my Diamond and the tp2 doesn't get nearly as hot. It gets a bit warm but nothing more that. I keep it will ventilated in front of a desk fan and it works fine. Well see how well it holds up in my bag on the go.

bhopki001 09-20-2009 11:43 PM

I just installed this and it working fine on TP2! THis is free like the tehering fix right?