PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 Touch Pro 2s
Carrier: Sprint SERO

udithadj is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 and Wifi Router?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBecker View Post
ooxteme,
I installed it in the main memory, and it did not show up under installed programs. Weird...
Going to try the trial version of wmwifirouter - the install went ok, and an icon shows up under applications. I ran it and my laptop picked it up and used it to connect to the internet, so I guess that's the direction I have to go.
Thanks!

Larry
here you go, enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: cab WMWifiRouter.v.1.52.CBD.cab (2.49 MB, 87 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,TP, TP II, EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

robysch22 is just getting started

Quick Question guys, Is there a way to disable phone calls AKA put the phone into Flight mode and still use the wifi router.........

Would like to be able to use the wifi router and not get interrupted by a call for a while...

Thanks
Old 05-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robysch22
Quick Question guys, Is there a way to disable phone calls AKA put the phone into Flight mode and still use the wifi router.........

Would like to be able to use the wifi router and not get interrupted by a call for a while...

Thanks
The only thing you can do is force evdo(3g) only which won't allow calls or sms/mms.

Look here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2077355-post27.html

Last edited by horndoctor; 05-11-2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:19 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robysch22 View Post

Thanks
i use a call block app and it wont allow calls.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 6850

travissand is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robysch22 View Post

Thanks
Yes on my Touch pro 2 TP2. I can go to start, settings, personal, phone, cdma services tab, tap on DND Mode then tap on GetSettings, select on, hit Ok. I dont know if it requires a reset if so cycling flight mode will probably work. Slecting on will send voice calls to voice mail during active data connection. But it may not sent them to voice mail if your connected but not actively using the internet.

I do use the force evdo trick sometimes to completely avoid the phone ringing when Im on line.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,TP, TP II, EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

robysch22 is just getting started

Thank you guys for the input i will try travissand method

Have a good day

PS: time to go Android..... cant wait for EVO 3 D
Old 05-21-2011, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

xxkennynycxx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
It sets up as a ad-hoc connection so unless the ps3 will do that type I woud say not possible, maybe someone a lil more advanced in networking can chime in. But I have had no luck.
hey all, was wondering if theres any updates on the ad hoc connection, I'm trying to tether to my Xoom but it does not connect to ad hoc. I use the Codon CM Wifi Internet sharing and it works great when I tether to my laptop. thanks.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:02 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkennynycxx View Post
hey all, was wondering if theres any updates on the ad hoc connection, I'm trying to tether to my Xoom but it does not connect to ad hoc. I use the Codon CM Wifi Internet sharing and it works great when I tether to my laptop. thanks.
If you replace the wpa_supplicant on your xoom you will be bale to see ad-hic networks..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-21-2011, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

xxkennynycxx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
If you replace the wpa_supplicant on your xoom you will be bale to see ad-hic networks..
thanks for the quick response, but how can I do this? this is my first android.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2