PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 and Wifi Router?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy949 View Post
That's great. And you were plugged in while on the router?
Yes it was. The last few days(since wednesday) have been extremely busy for me so I left my phone on the charger no matter what I was doing. I didn't want to run the risk of having to go somewhere with a half dead battery. I don't consider myself a power user but now I see the value of having an extended battery, in any case I had no problems with heat at all regardless of what I was doing.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepreneur724 View Post
What is HTC Wifi Router?

I'm sorry. I'm actually a noob at this -- I'm trying to figure out how to use my HTC Touch Pro 2 as a internet connection to my netbook without local wifi and such?
here's a great description and
great htc wifi router read up.
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=5889
Old 09-21-2009, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

coolguy949 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Yes it was. The last few days(since wednesday) have been extremely busy for me so I left my phone on the charger no matter what I was doing. I didn't want to run the risk of having to go somewhere with a half dead battery. I don't consider myself a power user but now I see the value of having an extended battery, in any case I had no problems with heat at all regardless of what I was doing.
Awesome! I currently have the TP1 and almost ordered the TP2 until I saw the HTC Leo that may be coming out. I'm waiting to see more info on the Leo before I make the plunge.

This is very encouraging though because I can't use my TP1 as a router or even tether for any extended period of time because of the overheating. GPS is also impossible without the device becoming a hot coal while draining the battery life. The device actually might pay for itself if I can cancel my $60 /mo Verizon card.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

notinkeys is a n00b

I've been trying this for a couple of days with my TP2, and besides the unit getting just as hot as USB tethering, when I use the HTC WiFi Router app, I can no longer connect to the internet on the phone itself- when I pull up the browser, it 404s on everything. It takes a restore to get the connection going again, and I am not seeing any reason as to why (though, admittedly, I am under the weather and may not be seeing what the problem is because of that.)

Any suggestions?
Old 09-21-2009, 02:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

notinkeys is a n00b

Added to previous note from me: I had to do a hard reset; after I restored a backup from this morning of the TP2, I could not connect to the internet and it would lock up on a soft reset.

I think I shall not reinstall HTC WiFi on this because it really did not get along with with my Sprint Tp2.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

JStewartx is keeping up the good workJStewartx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by notinkeys View Post
Added to previous note from me: I had to do a hard reset; after I restored a backup from this morning of the TP2, I could not connect to the internet and it would lock up on a soft reset.

I think I shall not reinstall HTC WiFi on this because it really did not get along with with my Sprint Tp2.
Check out the WMWifiRouter free trial.

It took me about an hour of playing Call of Duty: World at War on Xbox LIVE over my cell phone before I shelled out the 30 bucks... It was funny because I get awful Sprint reception at home and my Comcast cable internet was lagging me out on my 360. I switched over to Sprint/WMWifiRouter and was back playing Nazi Zombies in no time...
Old 10-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work

I'm wanting to do the trial version of WMWiFi Router, and have downloaded the file. I read their requirements which indicate that the device must have "Internet Sharing" installed.

I have a standard Verizon Touch Pro 2 - does this have Internet Sharing installed, or do I need to download/install some other files before trying out WMWiFi Router? If so, where do I get the file? Is any of this on the CD's that came with my TP2? I've not even opened them up at this point.

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
I'm wanting to do the trial version of WMWiFi Router, and have downloaded the file. I read their requirements which indicate that the device must have "Internet Sharing" installed.

I have a standard Verizon Touch Pro 2 - does this have Internet Sharing installed, or do I need to download/install some other files before trying out WMWiFi Router? If so, where do I get the file? Is any of this on the CD's that came with my TP2? I've not even opened them up at this point.

Thanks!
its already installed on your phone. use away on the trial version.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
its already installed on your phone. use away on the trial version.
Excellent! Thanks!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

i have and have had for over a year now is wmwifirouter so of course i will still continue to use it because i get free lifetime upgrades, but why would someone purchase this program when htc offers their free wifi program. So in other words what benefits do i have by using wmwifirouter over the htc router program?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2