PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   VZW; Buy Touch Pro 2 till Diamond 2/Whitestone comes out? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81471)

buddhatikkigod 08-28-2009 11:14 AM

VZW; Buy Touch Pro 2 till Diamond 2/Whitestone comes out?

Hey guys, like a lot of people here i have been glued to the pc checking almost every hour on the latest news about the VZW Touch Pro 2's release date. Finally it seems like we might have a set in stone date.

Im torn as i think if the Diamond 2 has a larger LCD im going to want that more as i primarily use my PPC for videos and gaming besides the phone purpose and not so much texting.

But i am getting verrrry impatient. I have an old XV6700 that is shuts off constantly and barely works. With Verizon i am elegible for a new phone and have been since April 07 (i wish i could get an even better deal condsidering ive been faithfully paying them for so long without costing them anything) and because im the primary on a family plan i am elegible for an extra $100 off.

Two questions; how bad of a person would i be if i got the Touch Pro 2 knowing i am most likely going to trade it in (if i can) when the Whitestone comes out? And the other question; can i? I should and will check VZW on this but how long can i have the phone before i decide i dont like it and switch? Will i still get my contract price break and the extra $100 off?

Thanks for answering any of this and sorry if this upsets anyone.

8notime 08-28-2009 11:49 AM

Re: VZW; Buy Touch Pro 2 till Diamond 2/Whitestone comes out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhatikkigod (Post 1126497)
how long can i have the phone before i decide i dont like it and switch? Will i still get my contract price break and the extra $100 off? .

You have 30 days to exchange the phone for a different model. They charge a $36.00 fee for this & you can only do it one time.

aaronvlee 08-28-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8notime (Post 1126538)
You have 30 days to exchange the phone for a different model. They charge a $36.00 fee for this & you can only do it one time.

$35, and only if the customer is not flagged "VIP." Whthere they qualify or not, they must be flagged with the "VIP" handle.

If you can, try to hold off for maybe one more month until we get more solid info on the diamond cause honestly, I don't believe the Whietstone will be coming within the next 30 days.

helix139 08-28-2009 04:09 PM

The whitestone and touch pro 2 will have the same size screen. The only things lacking on the TP2 are the kickstand (not needed with tilting screen), front-facing speaker (TP2 is on the back), and a few megapixels on the camera. In exchange, you get a full QWERTY.

bikeandestroyx 08-28-2009 05:38 PM

honestly, the best verizon device, in terms of specs is the Omnia II, plus it actually handles video playback 2d/3d rendering very well. Unlike the tp2 and the white stone, thanks to HTC and qualcomm.
If you dont need a keyboard, which i dont think is necessary, the Omnia 2 is a great device, bigger screen than the tp2[3.7in compared to 3.7] , better processor Samsung S3C6410 667MHz processor, dedicated graphics accelerator [unlike htc phones], 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, Dual Power LED flash, HD video recording 720x480@30fps, 5mp camera, 3.5mm headphone jack, 8/16gb built in storage, plus microsd card slot for up to an aditional 32gb, 256 ram, AMOLED screen.

buddhatikkigod 08-28-2009 05:55 PM

wow thats a pretty powerful argument, ive never really condsidered Samsung on par with HTC until now. Though i wonder why theirs no Omnia 2 sub forum if this thing is going to be as good as the next gen HTC models

bikeandestroyx 08-28-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhatikkigod (Post 1126802)
wow thats a pretty powerful argument, ive never really condsidered Samsung on par with HTC until now. Though i wonder why theirs no Omnia 2 sub forum if this thing is going to be as good as the next gen HTC models

Yeah the omnia is definately more powerful than the tp2 or whitestone, most people dont realise it here, cause this is a HTC dominated forum, go over to modaco, theres a lot more omnia/omnia 2 talk and roms etc.

buddhatikkigod 08-28-2009 06:15 PM

Yknow i was using my Dell AXIM X50V to play some games today while at the gym, and i realized how great it woulda been had i had a keyboard to use. Im not so sure i wont like the Touch Pro 2 better then the Whitestone. If the screens are going to be the same size i definetly will like the TP2 better

jjday7 08-28-2009 06:16 PM

last I checked the diamond has a 3.2 inch screen not 3.6 like the touch pro. I saw it on a youtube, but that was the gsm model

buddhatikkigod 08-28-2009 06:22 PM

i guess im easily confused. I was told the Whitestone would be a VZW specific upgrade to the Diamond giving it a 3.6" lcd, i then thought that the Diamond 2 and TP2 both had 3.2" lcds.

Wow so the Diamond 2 model only has a 3.2 lcd? Damn...