PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Video Playback (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81331)

shtewps 08-27-2009 12:39 PM

Video Playback

So what's everyone here using to achieve their smooth video playback?

I loaded up an xvid with TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03 and my playback is piss poor. I benchmarked an average of 70%, and that's using the various video renderers.

Can you post your experiences AND settings with video playback?

Thanks!

shtewps 08-27-2009 01:29 PM

Re: Video Playback

^ The youtube video playback on my device is FLAWLESS. Even in high quality settings I cant get the thing to skip even if I try. I know this unit is capable of produce smooth playback.

Anyways, let's not get off topic here. Please post your experiences and settings with video playback preferably in TCPMP.

Thanks.

yearn 08-27-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shtewps (Post 1124867)
^ The youtube video playback on my device is FLAWLESS. Even in high quality settings I cant get the thing to skip even if I try. I know this unit is capable of produce smooth playback.

Anyways, let's not get off topic here. Please post your experiences and settings with video playback preferably in TCPMP.

Thanks.

Check your PM's

gTen 08-27-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shtewps (Post 1124774)
So what's everyone here using to achieve their smooth video playback?

I loaded up an xvid with TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03 and my playback is piss poor. I benchmarked an average of 70%, and that's using the various video renderers.

Can you post your experiences AND settings with video playback?

Thanks!

Have you installed the XDA drivers?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=546522

if you want video playback this should help

shtewps 08-27-2009 05:03 PM

Stop ****ting in my thread. And this is not directed towards anyone specifically but keep the off topic posts OUT.

This thread is meant to be productive. Now shut it unless you are willing to post anything relevant to the topic. Thaaaaanks :D

pistol44 08-27-2009 05:12 PM

Ok back on topic...

I personally have no issues with high quality video playback. I have actually refrained from using TCPMP on my TP2 and gone with WMP. The reason being I discovered some 3rd party program that converts video in various quality settings specifically for the TP2. I dragged a bunch of my fav .avi files in there, it did a conversion to MP4 on high quality settings and they all came out perfect. The picture quality is crystal clear, the audio is perfectly synced and no lag or stuttering.

I know everyone's discussing TCPMP here but if anyone decides to give up on it I can check which program it is and post a link..

shtewps 08-27-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1125046)
Check your PM's

Thanks a lot yearn.

I knew there was something different about the player I was using. I completely gaped out and forgot about CorePlayer which is what I SHOULD have used.

Anyhow, I am now using Core Player and my benchmark is 120%+ as opposed to what it used to be on my TP1 (between 80-90%).

Problem Solved- User Core Player, NOT TCPMP.

Mods you can close this thread anytime if the nonsense continues to take over.

Thanks will be given to any user who posts relevant information.

yearn 08-27-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shtewps (Post 1125330)
Thanks a lot yearn.

I knew there was something different about the player I was using. I completely gaped out and forgot about CorePlayer which is what I SHOULD have used.

Anyhow, I am now using Core Player and my benchmark is 120%+ as opposed to what it used to be on my TP1 (between 80-90%).

Problem Solved- User Core Player, NOT TCPMP.

Mods you can close this thread anytime if the nonsense continues to take over.

Thanks will be given to any user who posts relevant information.

Cool glad I could help, I LOVE Coreplayer, best Media Player hands down in my opinion.

breakmyfootoff 08-27-2009 05:25 PM

I've always had problems playing video with TCPMP. I agree with CORE player being superior.

freebie 08-27-2009 05:54 PM

+1 for coreplayer!!...Im currently listening to some tunes on my motorola bluetooth headset (single ear only...this would not work with my CDMA Diamond!) with the one volume rocker set to "blank screen" and one set to "next song"...no missing phone calls and I can still here my boss sneak up on me at work. Video playback has been good aswell, playing almost anything I throw at it. :mrgreen: