PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   keyboard delay (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81316)

derrickmd18 08-27-2009 11:11 AM

keyboard delay

Hi. I wanted to know if the tp2 has the same keyboard delay as tp1?

banjoeball 08-27-2009 02:41 PM

Re: keyboard delay

Quote:

Originally Posted by derrickmd18 (Post 1124649)
Hi. I wanted to know if the tp2 has the same keyboard delay as tp1?

I've seen no delay in my Telus TP2's KB. Neither the on-screen or the hardware KB. However I never owned a TP so I really don't have the hands-on experience to compare!

izuzu 08-27-2009 02:52 PM

I've owned a TP1 and now own a TP2. From what i've seen there is no KB deley on the TP2. There was a KB deley on the TP1 as everyone knows. Not only that i had my TP1 replaced twice because the KB died on me.

I'm loving the TP2's KB though. In fact i'm loving the phone!:mrgreen:

8notime 08-27-2009 03:15 PM

Yeah I'm not seeing any delay either, which is funny since they are both using 6.1.

jbbosu 08-27-2009 10:11 PM

I'll believe this when I see it. With the same hardware, I find it hard to buy that it's gone.

Hurry up Sprint and release it!

Bantimus 08-28-2009 12:29 AM

@jbbisu : It's all but gone. If there is any delay, it's so negligible that it doesn't make a difference. You are able to read what you type when you type it. Quite simple.

p-slim 08-28-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbbosu (Post 1125867)
I'll believe this when I see it. With the same hardware, I find it hard to buy that it's gone.

Hurry up Sprint and release it!

if you don't believe you should drop by your local tmobile store. its gone.

tstretch 11-01-2009 10:37 PM

I've got delay now... Can't figure out what the heck I did though cause I didn't use to have any.. I ran Duttythroy Disable xt9 and all was good (not sure whether I needed to or not but I did) and everythihng was fine for a while. Then for some reason it started again. I installed the keyboard configure software (RhodiumKbdControl_CDMA.CAB) and maybe that caused it?? But I've removed that and still have the problem. Strangely though, when I reinstall the Disable Xt9 cab, the problem goes away until I soft reboot..

Killing me! Any ideas would be highly welcomed!

apacho01 11-01-2009 10:57 PM

You might try and do a hard reset and start over and see if it goes back to normal. Then install those programs over a couple days and see which one causes the problem.

p-slim 11-01-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstretch (Post 1288368)
I've got delay now... Can't figure out what the heck I did though cause I didn't use to have any.. I ran Duttythroy Disable xt9 and all was good (not sure whether I needed to or not but I did) and everythihng was fine for a while. Then for some reason it started again. I installed the keyboard configure software (RhodiumKbdControl_CDMA.CAB) and maybe that caused it?? But I've removed that and still have the problem. Strangely though, when I reinstall the Disable Xt9 cab, the problem goes away until I soft reboot..

Killing me! Any ideas would be highly welcomed!

more then likely you flashed a custom rom to get that keyboard lag, i would recommend posting in that rom thread for suggestions. if its stock rom then i would try the hard reset.