PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TomTom 7 (7.915.9196) Graphics Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
New account memebr. Suspecious. I think he is baiting and gonna flame someone with the 2nd account. No such thing as tomtom running perfect on MS72xx cpu. sorry.
And you don't own a TP2.

So maybe people can take my word since I both have one and have used TomTom. It does indeed work well.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
And you don't own a TP2.

So maybe people can take my word since I both have one and have used TomTom. It does indeed work well.

tested both telus and Tmobile. Can you do me a favor and make a vid of tomtom running? Post it on youtube or something then link. If you can. thxs.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Rick#2 is keeping up the good workRick#2 is keeping up the good work

Yeah, if you could post a video that'd be awesome. Mine still runs at 5fps and makes me mad.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Banned User

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick#2 View Post
Yeah, if you could post a video that'd be awesome. Mine still runs at 5fps and makes me mad.
Ya.. you should have seen th4e steam that came out my ears when i finally loaded 3d 2d intensive app on it and it crawled really bad. Again... I left the devices feeling like i just played with my Pro 1. Nothing exciting and the excitement went right out the window.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff

We all know what the TP2 isn't perfect by a long shot. No need bash the device over and over again.

If your not happy with the device than return it and get something else.

Just my 2 cents.

"True knowledge exists in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by izuzu View Post
We all know what the TP2 isn't perfect by a long shot. No need bash the device over and over again.

If your not happy with the device than return it and get something else.

Just my 2 cents.
OP poster has a question. People give answer. If the answer does not fit you criteria then you can move on. No need to flame.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Do any of you guys think there's a way to drop the screen resolution down? I would go back to a lower resolution in a heartbeat if I could get it to display as smoothly as it used to be on the Vogue.

I've tried WVGAFIX3 but no dice. I was thinking something that would drop the resolution back down to the old 320x240 and then scale it up to fit at 640x480 with black in the unused portion of the screen.

I guess I can live with this, but you guys have to admit it's pretty lame that something with graphics as cheezy as TomTom doesn't even run smoothly at 800x480... I mean, we're talking late-1990s era 3d acceleration power here.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

found this thread over at xda, see if that one helps:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=551891
Old 09-02-2009, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff

For anyone who cares, we can see tomtom 7 is not the best GPS solution on the TP2. I myself have switched over to Gamin Mobile XT and it's working out great.

Use the latest version of GMXT which is 5.00.20wp, that's the one i'm using.

Here's the link:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/colle...t=010-00580-00
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hey guys, I managed to get TomTom 7.916.9189 working really well. I installed the QVGA version and am using my Bluetooth GPS receiver as opposed to the internal one and I have to say it's a HUGE improvement. Much smoother and similar to performance on my HTC Vogue.

I'm almost thinking it has something to do with using my Bluetooth GPS receiver. As for the QVGA version, I actually think it looks better than the VGA one anyways. (The branding icons are much more appropriately sized, for one thing.)

I highly recommend installing the QVGA version attached here. I had to rename two .DLL files in \Windows: (I was getting a "BTTrayCE.exe is not a valid program" error whenever my TP2 started up.)

\Windows\BtSdkCE30.dll
\Windows\BtCoreIf.dll

(I just added a 2 at the end of each of them but you can rename them to whatever you want as long as the name has changed; the OS won't let you delete the file for some reason but renaming is kosher.)
Attached Files
File Type: rar ttn7.916.9189_qvga_black.rar (7.91 MB, 43 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2