PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 02:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

JonnyOctagon is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Text messages not being marked as "read"...

Whenever I get more than one text message from the same person before I check the 1st message, it leaves all the previous texts marked as unread.. In other words, if I dont check each individual message as soon as it comes in it leaves all but the most recent message marked unread.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 08-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Text messages not being marked as "read"...

Yes, I noticed the same thing and wrote about it here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...26&postcount=7

You have to actually select the message to mark it as read. I think it's a bug in the version of WM6.1 they are using. I noticed it on most of Mighty's ROM's too, although at least in the builds he used the message would be marked read if you closed it and highlighted a different thread.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Threadstarter

JonnyOctagon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Yes, I noticed the same thing and wrote about it here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...26&postcount=7

You have to actually select the message to mark it as read. I think it's a bug in the version of WM6.1 they are using. I noticed it on most of Mighty's ROM's too, although at least in the builds he used the message would be marked read if you closed it and highlighted a different thread.
I think the link you posted was incorrect..

What do you mean by "select the message"?

I never had this problem on the TP1..

As an update tho I figured out a way to mark them as read.. I have to click the thread (to view it) then exit out for each unread message in the thread.. Every time I view the thread then exit it lowers the unread text message count by 1..

Pretty lame still but a work-around none the less..haha
Old 08-26-2009, 03:42 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyOctagon View Post
As an update tho I figured out a way to mark them as read.. I have to click the thread (to view it) then exit out for each unread message in the thread.. Every time I view the thread then exit it lowers the unread text message count by 1..

Pretty lame still but a work-around none the less..haha
Same here....what a P.I.T.A though.

Last edited by CovKid66; 08-26-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyOctagon View Post
I think the link you posted was incorrect..

What do you mean by "select the message"?

I never had this problem on the TP1..
In the link I talked about having to use the arrows on the keyboard to select the message to mark it as read. In other words if I use the up arrow on the SIP keyboard or the up arrow on the physical keyboard to select the bold messages, they will finally be marked as read.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

redz1234 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to redz1234 Send a message via MSN to redz1234 Send a message via Yahoo to redz1234

Hey Guys,

Install this cab. This is a known bug with windows mobile. This cab adds "Mark All As Read" and "Delete All"...

Definitely a must install .cab file and will solve the issues you guys are experiencing.

- ReDz
Attached Files
File Type: cab InboxExtender.CAB (7.6 KB, 224 views) Click for barcode!

PPC History >> Axim X5, Axim X3, Axim X3i, PPC6700, HTC Titan, HTC Touch Pro 2
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
I think it's a bug in the version of WM6.1 they are using.
I get the same thing in 6.5, build 23017. It doesn't bother me enough to dig into the phone to fix it, but, for me, it's not limited to wm 6.1.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

weird thats a pretty new version fo 6.1 i thought. its one number then what i am using
Old 08-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

Known issue for 6.5 and 6.1 Touch Pro 1 and now Tp2, It is really annoying actually.
8notime That picture was too funny. Gonna try the cab in a few hours.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:05 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz1234 View Post
Hey Guys,

Install this cab. This is a known bug with windows mobile. This cab adds "Mark All As Read" and "Delete All"...

Definitely a must install .cab file and will solve the issues you guys are experiencing.

- ReDz
Is it just me, or does this cab just seem to add those options to the main text messaging inbox and not to the menu for individual chats / threads I don't want to mark every message thread as read or delete all of them. I'd want to do that to individual threads perhaps.

Thanks anyway.

EDIT: Knew I should have backed up first...I tried the Delete All whilst highlighting a particular thread. It deleted all of my threads...almost. It actually left my replies in the threads but deleting the incoming messages from the threads. Then if the thread was completely empty i.e. did not contain a message from me within the thread at all, it deleted the thread as well. Bummer!!!

Last edited by CovKid66; 08-27-2009 at 01:16 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2