PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Text messages not being marked as "read"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
weird thats a pretty new version fo 6.1 i thought. its one number then what i am using
Yeah for what it's worth Telus is using build 21052.1.6.5 and T-Mobile is using build 21051.1.6.4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
Known issue for 6.5 and 6.1 Touch Pro 1 and now Tp2, It is really annoying actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
I get the same thing in 6.5, build 23017. It doesn't bother me enough to dig into the phone to fix it, but, for me, it's not limited to wm 6.1.
You guys are right, I should have known that with my experience with Mighty's 6.5 ROM's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Is it just me, or does this cab just seem to add those options to the main text messaging inbox and not to the menu for individual chats / threads I don't want to mark every message thread as read or delete all of them. I'd want to do that to individual threads perhaps.
It's not just you. The .cab doesn't fix the problem it just makes it easier to mark existing messages read, but they you have the other problem you mentioned.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

i hope vzw has the winmo version that works. if not we can just flash...eventually
Old 08-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz1234 View Post
Hey Guys,

Install this cab. This is a known bug with windows mobile. This cab adds "Mark All As Read" and "Delete All"...

Definitely a must install .cab file and will solve the issues you guys are experiencing.

- ReDz
this works great.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

i could be wrong, but i believe this is not a bug -- this is 'by design'.

the developers of tf3d did link their preview window directly to WM Inbox. based on my experiences with developers, the people who provided them with the development specifications did not realize the small preview provided on the screen would be sufficient to mark a message as read.

my recommendation to htc is to provide an option to 'mark as read' in the preview windows. this will satisfy the folks who think the minimal amount of text is enough and those who want to read the entire message.

just my 2 cents.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterit View Post
i could be wrong, but i believe this is not a bug -- this is 'by design'.

the developers of tf3d did link their preview window directly to WM Inbox. based on my experiences with developers, the people who provided them with the development specifications did not realize the small preview provided on the screen would be sufficient to mark a message as read.

my recommendation to htc is to provide an option to 'mark as read' in the preview windows. this will satisfy the folks who think the minimal amount of text is enough and those who want to read the entire message.

just my 2 cents.
This has nothing to do with TF3D. This is within the messaging app and occurs even when TF3D is disabled. I've even seen it in cooked ROMs that left out TF3D all together. It's a bug in WM
Old 09-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=560100 post 5
just take the file in the zip and put it in the windows folder.
i havent tried this yet either so i can tell you if it works or not. but you guys tried everything else?
Old 09-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=560100 post 5
just take the file in the zip and put it in the windows folder.
i havent tried this yet either so i can tell you if it works or not. but you guys tried everything else?
Again, awesome find! This issue was driving me bizerk.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Almost a VIP

I've made and attached a cab with the fix psycho_maniac referenced above.

Edit: removed cab and will send it to Yay 4 Juggs is he wants it.

Last edited by 8notime; 09-15-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

so basically you cabbed up my dll and gave credit to someone else?

Old 09-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
so basically you cabbed up my dll and gave credit to someone else?
I cabbed up the .dll because there's always people that will not know how to copy the .dll to the correct location and prefer a .cab. I gave credit to psycho_maniac for reference the fix in the post above.

Edit: I didn't realize you fixed the .dll. I'll remove the .cab from my post and send it to you so you can take credit for it, because trust me I am very greatful that someone fixed this. I was just trying to make it easier to install it.

Last edited by 8notime; 09-15-2009 at 11:20 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2