PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Worst luck...2nd DOA (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81109)

leanne 08-25-2009 11:44 PM

Worst luck...2nd DOA

I am having the worst luck ever. I have had tons of cell phones and have never had the problems like I am having with my Pro2.

I had to return the 1st one as it was refusing to answer. I got the new one yesterday and there is something wrong with the speaker. I have a weird feedback whenever I am talking to someone.

I am seriously upset!! I am hoping that I won't have any problems exchanging ANOTHER one at Best Buy as I have only had it for 36 hours....

MightyMike 08-25-2009 11:46 PM

Re: Worst luck...2nd DOA

Agh. Leanne... Stop breaking stuff.

My history:

1 HTC S640 - Still works :D
1 HTC Diamond - Until I dropped it broke the vibrator
1 HTC Touch Pro - Never anything wrong with it
1 HTC Touch Pro 2 - 1 Month and going strong (even though i gave it a nice scratch on the top right of the frame :'(

Hopefully you get a better one this time :)

MightyMike 08-25-2009 11:46 PM

Actually as you read this next reply, don't go anywhere. I have to ask you a question, it might take a bit to explain!!!!

let me write! :D

MightyMike 08-25-2009 11:48 PM

Ok, I've seen another touchpro 2 with this, and mine has it as well. I want to see if your current one has this and possibly the next one.

Look at your phone, Right underneath the volume rockers does the battery door look like its spacing out on each side of the phone?

Look closely and you might know what the heck im talking about. if not, i'll take a pic to try and show you!

leanne 08-25-2009 11:51 PM

On my first one it was slightly spaced out, but this one fits pretty flush.

This one is awesome except the sound issues.... I am going to hard reset it again just to be sure, but i haven't installed anything that should be messing with the sound.....

I also installed PERFECTLY my new screen saver.... Totally straight, no bubbles....

8notime 08-25-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymike (Post 1122127)
1 HTC Touch Pro 2 - 1 Month and going strong (even though i gave it a nice scratch on the top right of the frame :'(

I hate the feeling I get when that happens :/ Hopefully you're not OCD like I am about those things.

MightyMike 08-25-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8notime (Post 1122153)
I hate the feeling I get when that happens :/ Hopefully you're not OCD like I am about those things.

The phone wasn't even dropped. It was in my holster and when I was getting it my truck i guess it nicked it.

It's on the silver edging. I feel like crying every time I see the little black mark :(

8notime 08-26-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymike (Post 1122155)
The phone wasn't even dropped. It was in my holster and when I was getting it my truck i guess it nicked it.

It's on the silver edging. I feel like crying every time I see the little black mark :(

Dude that sucks! Maybe they would swap it out for you, especially if you point out that gap.

TheBundo 08-26-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8notime (Post 1122166)
Dude that sucks! Maybe they would swap it out for you, especially if you point out that gap.

It's better to just get over the OCD. Stuff happens and will again

gTen 08-26-2009 01:39 AM

Personally I am pretty happy with HTC's build quality...I mean I abuse my phone so much I'm glad there is no law against phone abuse >.>

I had an PPC6700 and a Mogul which I both dropped like 50 times, not to mention had them flying from 1 side of the room to the other..my ppc6700 usb port snapped off after 2 years of abuse..but that is expected and was fixed with me soldering it back in..my Mogul now is still being abused after 2 years as well..*whistle*...now waiting on a TP2 to abuse :/