PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3gs 32gb
Carrier: At&t

skimco is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul...Diamond...Touch Pro....Touch Pro 2 ????

Well here is a little rant that i can guarantee most everyone will hate me for but maybe a few of you will give me your HONEST opinion instead of good riddance you trader!!!! I have been looking and using ppcgeeks ever since I bought my mogul from sprint and the people on here are GREAT!!! The genuises on here that make the new roms and easy to install cab files for non genuises like me, can not be thanked enough. Just the other day I installed mightymikes custom rom for the touch pro and although i was scared as hell doing it all the guides on here made it a snap and my touch pro ran alot better. The I realized something the other day (break out the hater-aid) what can my touch pro and what WILL the touch pro 2 do that the IPHONE can't.???? For me taking videos of my son,watching you tube, streaming satelite radio,surfing the net instead of working, and of course flashing new roms and downloading helpful and fun .cab files and just customizing the phone, were the main reason I bought HTC phones year after year. Well I went over to AT@T the other day and found out I can do ALL of this with the Iphone without having to install any custom roms. Plus the ridiculous amount of apps you have to choose from are great ( yes they cost 99c but who freaking cares its a one time fee) I have also read about Jailbreaking the Iphone and something they call cydia sounds pretty cool.....so it seems that the only difference to me is that HTC is just trying to catch up to the IPhone...I mean i sold my htc touch pro on ebay for the price of a brand NEW 32gb iphone. Well if you got this far and you care enough to reply with your honest opinion, please do. Otherwise this is my little goodbye to the world of ppcgeeks but it was a great ride and thanks to everyone who made it possible. =D>
Old 08-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Mogul...Diamond...Touch Pro....Touch Pro 2 ????

Bye...
Old 08-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Enjoy your iPhone.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Enjoy your new phone dude! Take care.

edit:

Also, don't forget. We do have an Iphone Sub-forum here at PPCGeeks. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87

Be sure to visit it
Old 08-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Adios amigo.................

Old 08-25-2009, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

skimco is a n00b

thanks mike It looks like I will stick around here at ppcgeeks just not with a ppc.....but I really would like SOMEBODY to tell me why they prefer htc to the Iphone......??????
Old 08-25-2009, 11:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimco View Post
thanks mike It looks like I will stick around here at ppcgeeks just not with a ppc.....but I really would like SOMEBODY to tell me why they prefer htc to the Iphone......??????
I don't like Apple, no hard keyboard, you're pretty much stuck with the UI looking the way it is (in general), and I don't like the whole attitude many (not all!) Apple users have.

As for HTC, I like Windows Mobile and for better or worse they have the best options. I like tinkering with stuff, so WM is perfect for that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Many people here get bored with just simply using their phone every day as a phone. Many, like myself actually love the tinkering that goes into it... the playing at night modding your phone, the countless hours browsing the web for new tweaks... It's our hobby man. It's just what makes us geeks... Well... Geeks!
Old 08-26-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

skimco is a n00b

but mike cant you do that with the Iphone.....isnt what you do so well called jailbreaking and cydia????
Old 08-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Dealing with apple is like putting a shock collar on your dog. You really don't have the freedom to do what you want or you may think you have the freedom until you try to do something apple don't want. The bottom line is everything will be the way apple wants it to be.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2