PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Carrier: Sprint

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul...Diamond...Touch Pro....Touch Pro 2 ????

no offense what so ever by this but I agree the iPhone is a dummy phone. apple knew what they were doing by creating it. they took a phone and put some extra features that windows phones already had and called it a smartphone.

anything you can do on your iPhone the HTC products can do. I think windows phones can actually do more, but when you take the dummy effect away people get intimidated and run back to the iPhone.

good luck with your choice, I really think you'll find yourself bored really quick though. those at&t prices resemble my car payment so I think I will stay put. I'm getting more minutes, faster data, and free navigation for half of what their offering. that should say it all right there.

good luck.

Last edited by jjday7; 08-26-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:43 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Sounds like what you use your phone for, the iPhone is perfect for you. It's a great device, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I would probably own one too, but I need a hardware keyboard, a fully customizable interface, multi-tasking, background-running applications, and the ability to code my own apps without having to worry about Apple's restrictions and/or design limitations. If the iPhone provided all of this, I wouldn't think twice about switching, even if I lost my SERO plan.

Last edited by Cicatrize; 08-26-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Why not just own a HTC as your main handset and the iPhone as the other? I do that and get the best of both worlds

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

Old 08-26-2009, 11:06 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnA-2xXtReM View Post
Why not just own a HTC as your main handset and the iPhone as the other? I do that and get the best of both worlds
Doesn't that get a little expensive?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: Mogul...Diamond...Touch Pro....Touch Pro 2 ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimco View Post
Well I went over to AT@T the other day and found out I can do ALL of this with the Iphone without having to install any custom roms.
Original iphone was released June 29, 2007..... No 3G, no cut/paste, no GPS, no after market apps, no customization options, must use itunes to load music, movies etc, non expandable storage (locked at whatever you buy), non upgradable/replaceable battery, no email sync for business users, no word/powerpoint, no live TV (i.e. slingplayer), no multitasking !

This was in comparison to the Mogul with 3G, Cut paste, GPS, Mutiple apps, Multiple customizations/home screens etc, many ways to load software/music, push mail for business users, full word/powerpoint editing, Live TV via Slingplayer, multitasking !

Over the last 2 years Apple has played catch up with Windows Mobile and especially HTC, releasing updates, i.e. new phones with GPS and 3G, adding software enhancements i.e. app store, and allowing turn by turn GPS (in Summer 2009), cut paste (in version 3.0 firmware) and finally slingplayer in the app store.

I would agree that after 2 years of trying Apple might have finally copied most of the essential features of a 2 year old HTC phone. Nice going Steve ! As far as I am concerned, the iphone has been an interesting toy and continues to be one, whereas the HTC phones I have owned from the PPC6700 Apache, Mogul, Touch pro and soon to be Touch Pro 2 were all working machines that allowed both work and entertainment when needed. Nuff Said !

BTW best of luck with the iphone, I came close this summer due to the screen size, but the lack of a hardware keyboard and the need to switch to ATT put me off. I am staying Sprint and welcoming the new HTC TP2 to the fold !
Old 08-26-2009, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

As far as I'm concern, the iPhone as with most of Apples products owe their success to mass marketing and Hollywood. There is nothing special about the iPhone, it is totally locked down, I don't know about you but I don't want to be treated like a child.

We live in a culture of followers, OOHHH MYY GOOODDD, what the new trend. Have you seen the phone whats her name has on the Hills, I just have to have it.

Thats what the iPhone owes it success to.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Enjoy your new phone dude! Take care.

edit:

Also, don't forget. We do have an Iphone Sub-forum here at PPCGeeks. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87

Be sure to visit it
That's a damn shame

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 08-26-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:35 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
As far as I'm concern, the iPhone as with most of Apples products owe their success to mass marketing and Hollywood.
Actually..the iPhone just builds on the success of the iPod, same for the macbook air..no one would buy these 5 years ago before apple's iPod became popular. And before the iPod, apple was pretty much almost dead.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
That's a damn shame
AMEN! This isn't iPhoneGeeks. or WebOSGeeks. or BlackBerryGeeks. It sickens me to have these forums here at PPCGeeks. If I wanted a forum for all of that, I would go to crackberry, or maybe howardforums, etc.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW) -> HTC Touch Pro 2 (VZW)
Carrier: VZW

aaronvlee is keeping up the good workaaronvlee is keeping up the good work

I want to see a Whitestone TF3D 2.5 and iPhone 3Gs tech-out now lol...THE RINGTONE THROW IS CRAZY LOOKING! BUUUUT, How hard can it be to write a skin for a gestured "tap to send"? Instead of Tap, Slide, right? And just instead of saying slide, fool retards by saying "Slide Towards the phone to are tranferring to". Honestly, the kid in me wants to see this on my TP.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2