PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3gs 32gb
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

skimco is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul...Diamond...Touch Pro....Touch Pro 2 ????

I will admit that may be true muffin....I may not know what i got myself into.....but right now while having this discussion I downloaded 23 free apps.... most useful apps and some just games....So just having this phone for two days now I can already do more than my touch pro i had for a year...
Old 08-26-2009, 12:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

i enjoy uncensored, cheaper (50% cheaper), and faster internet access.

i also like how i can exchange batteries whenever am away from an outlet (traveling).

i don't have to void (jailbrake) the warranty to utilize simple features.

i like sending, and receiving picture mail.

nothing beats the combination of opera, and skyfire.

multitasking?
Old 08-26-2009, 12:37 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

HTC has nothing to do with the losing battle to iPhone...

WinMO and MS is what/who is failing here...
Old 08-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Tweaking...

Customizing...if you don't like something, just figure out how to change it.

Not controlled by a all-powerful, all-seeing company. i.e. a mostly open OS where someone can write a program and you can download it and install it all from your device without approval from the fruit gods.

Physical keyboard...

The list goes on...

Old 08-26-2009, 12:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Monthly bill twice as high as my mid-range Sero plan, can't change the battery, can't swap out memory cards full of movies, can't multi-task, no keyboard, screen has to be touched with bare hands (can't use a stylus, pen, whatever, if hands are dirty), lack of free apps, the "culture" of Apple is yuppie-ish, lousy AT&T coverage in many areas of the Bay area, the dis-appointment of many of my friends in their iPhones, etc., etc.

Oh, and they are starting to explode in peoples faces now
Old 08-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

common guy not another fight with the icrap and winmo...

stop the fighting and start the loving

if he want to leave, let him be

you have been discharged mister, you free to go...
you always welcome back right?
Old 08-26-2009, 01:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyrod View Post
common guy not another fight with the icrap and winmo...

stop the fighting and start the loving

if he want to leave, let him be

you have been discharged mister, you free to go...
you always welcome back right?
Who's fighting? He asked TWICE for our reasons
Old 08-26-2009, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW) -> HTC Touch Pro 2 (VZW)
Carrier: VZW

aaronvlee is keeping up the good workaaronvlee is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimco View Post
thanks mike It looks like I will stick around here at ppcgeeks just not with a ppc.....but I really would like SOMEBODY to tell me why they prefer htc to the Iphone......??????
freedom...not to mention, I can do everything the iphone does as the iphone is actually trying to catch up with Windows mobile as far as features. Great device, but they are in fact chasing each other.

Voice dialing, "Play Artist", come on now, the Mogul did this...
MP3 transfer phone to phone, Apache anyone?
Wireless contact tranferring, need I say more?
Apps, my god...

What HTC is following now is sole grafx...the iPhone has UNMATCHED grafx and a fun factor that can be pretty hard to beat. To hide the "tap to send" bluetooth transfer wth a sliding gesture in place (giving the illusion of "throwing the file to the next phone") is just a no brainer to the no-brainers using it. Little things like that can make a HUMONGOUS difference in the overall experience.

My vote still goes to HTC for the sole reason that the iPhone can't do "everything" an HTC can and the only way to get it close is to spend cash to get it there. If I want an iPhone, I get the iDiamond skin. I want a Hero, I run Sense UI. I want a G1, I load up the Android OS, etc. Not to mention, it is the closest thing to an actually PC I have that fits in my pocket.

Unless you will be using you're phone more like a 2008-2009 released laptop, then the iPhone may be a more fitting choice for the fact of being more of a pocket super-phone rather than a pocket laptop phone. Gratz on getting it though and you're always welcome back in my book!
Old 08-26-2009, 01:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

well to be honest I own a diamond and an ipod touch and I have to say they both have there strengths and weaknesses. The Diamond is MUCH more customizable and has seemingly limitless potential when it comes to modification, but its honestly not the most stable thing in the world.

However I have a lot of fun with my ipod touch that is jailbroken with the cydia installer. The games are 100x better, the graphics and speed are a lot better as well. Its also nice that EVERYTHING is finger friendly and you dont have to soft reset!

For me, I will stick with my diamond because it continues to blow my mind with new UI's and ROMs that can be installed, but congrats on the iphone purchase and have fun with it!
Old 08-26-2009, 01:58 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The reason why I prefer HTC over and iPhone is because in my eyes, the iPhone is nothing more then a toy as in an HTC phone is more like a mini-computer.

Personally when iPhone came out I was interested in it, but once I saw what it really is, I found it to be nothing more then a better hardware dumb phone.

I use my phone for business use and I find it fairly convenient and efficient, I even programmed remotely via phone in an emergency..my biggest complaint with my mogul is probably the lack of RAM.

Not to mention, I like playing around with the UI and when I get bored of a UI I swap to another and it is like getting a totally different phone.

Its just like picking a car, why pick one car over the other if they all drive you wherever you want lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2