PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   On screen keyboard (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80829)

jrog27 08-24-2009 04:29 PM

On screen keyboard

Can someone post what the sip looks like?

banjoeball 08-24-2009 04:34 PM

Re: On screen keyboard

1 Attachment(s)
This is on a Telus TP2:

jrog27 08-24-2009 05:04 PM

Cool, how about the compact querty?

banjoeball 08-25-2009 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrog27 (Post 1119710)
Cool, how about the compact querty?

This is called 'Phone Keypad' on the TP2... There's no compact qwerty.

jrog27 08-25-2009 01:37 PM

I hope the sprint version has it! Thats all i use on mine now.

8notime 08-25-2009 02:04 PM

Because of the screen size, the keyboards on the TP2 are SO MUCH better. After using it for a few days, I started to think the Diamond 2 might even work for me, and I've never said I would go keyboardless.

jessiethe3rd 08-25-2009 02:45 PM

I agree here... I almost could handle the Diamond2 with the screen size. The problem is once you get a taste of hw Qwerty goodness you do not want to go back. Even though I use the onscreen keyboard for quickies nothing beats hardware for real texting.

eman 08-25-2009 02:49 PM

Are the actual keys bigger on the screen or is it kind of the same size as the Diamond or TP just leaving more real-estate of the screen to see. Because of the higher resolution I was thinking thinking the keys wouldn't be much bigger........
I actually played with one in the T-MO store and forgot to even look at the on-screen keyboard........

banjoeball 08-25-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1121236)
Are the actual keys bigger on the screen or is it kind of the same size as the Diamond or TP just leaving more real-estate of the screen to see. Because of the higher resolution I was thinking thinking the keys wouldn't be much bigger........
I actually played with one in the T-MO store and forgot to even look at the on-screen keyboard........

Well the screen itself is bigger on the TP2, so the keyboard is actually bigger, and there is more real estate above the KB as well. Comparing my diamond to the TP2 side by side makes the diamond's screen seem SOOOOOO small!!

tokuzumi 08-25-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1121236)

The pixel width will probably be the same (not sure about the pixel height), since both the TP2 and the tp/diamond have 480 px width. But since the screen diagonal is .8" larger, this will make the buttons a fair amount larger, given the same pixel dimensions. There are plenty of videos on youtube, displaying using the on screen keyboards to type messages. Typing looks pretty fluid to me.