PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Facebook birthdays into Calender (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80582)

Tweak_four17 08-22-2009 05:44 PM

Facebook birthdays into Calender

Is there an app to pull the people whoses contact card is linked to a facebook profile birthday and automatically put it into the TF3D calender? That'd be fantastic...

leanne 08-22-2009 06:07 PM

Re: Facebook birthdays into Calender

It does. All my facebook birthdays are on my calendar...

andsoitgoes 08-22-2009 07:51 PM

Hmm, it's not saving into mine. I've got it all updated in the contacts though. strange.

You're talking about the information in your contacts, right? Not the external facebook app, right?

leanne 08-22-2009 08:04 PM

I am just using the facebook update with the contacts. It updates the birthday and contact pics for each of my facebook contacts that are synced. I

I also sync with Outlook, does that make a difference maybe?

Tweak_four17 08-22-2009 08:17 PM

my contacts sync their birthdays and profile pics into the contact card just fine, just wondering if there was an app or way to have that show up in the calender as an appt or something.

leanne 08-22-2009 08:20 PM

Mine show up on the caledar as an all day appointment and also in my Outlook as an all day appointment.

andsoitgoes 08-22-2009 08:36 PM

You know what, I just looked and I do think it is saving it through. I need to look into this more.

What's irritating me is the constant duplication. I'm syncing with my Google contacts, because it is the easiest and most consistent way, but it seems to be giving me grief.

But that said, I do think that it is entering stuff correctly into my calendar, but I'll confirm.

p-slim 08-23-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweak_four17 (Post 1116513)
my contacts sync their birthdays and profile pics into the contact card just fine, just wondering if there was an app or way to have that show up in the calender as an appt or something.

To get them to show up in the calendar you have to sync your phone to outlook.

Tweak_four17 08-23-2009 08:45 AM

hmmm I'll have to try that later when I get home

bbaker901 11-17-2009 04:56 PM

I know this hasn't been replied to in a while, but I just purchased my TP2 on Saturday and when I update my facebook contacts, I check the box to get the birthday from facebook, but when i go to the calendar, it's not there. And I've synced it multiple times. Anybody has any updates?