PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 01:35 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
And away we go..... Sprint TP2 around corner, MUST READ...

so i just got the most delightful call, and i suspect a ton of others will too....

a woman identifying herself as a Sprint Premeir CS agent, i thought it was weird she said it like that, called me with an interesting offer...

She told me there was a new device launch coming up and based on the handsets on my account(3 TPs), they figured i'd be interested in an offer..

so i asked her what device she was talking about and what kind of offer she had in mind...

she said i could lock in today, and reserve a HTC TOUCH PRO 2 for 200bucks, well 199.99....

so naturally my next question was, well whens that coming out since everyone has different answers... "on the 8th of Sept" she tells me... she did reassure me though, that this was not a guarenteed date of launch, but my offer would still be good, even if launch is pushed back...

i wasnt sure if i wanted a TP2, but ah hell, why not, especially for 2 bills,guarenteed... i have 3 TPs, i can just sell one to cover the costs of the newer TP2....

so has anyone else gotten this call yet??? i hope everyone gets the same call...
ive been getting alot of hookups for sprint lately and i dunno why.... Yesterday i got an email for a free month of service, like 2 days ago i got a refurb for free and i shouldve had to pay...

i dunno, but it seems like sprint cust care,company wide, is trying hard to turn over a new leaf and better serve their customers... atleast thats how it seems to me...

they called my main line, and my 3rd line is the really tricked out one, otherwise i wouldve recorded the call for everyone to hear, but i dont have call recording on my main line....

i hope all of you get the same offer, whether today,tomorrow,or next week.... im actually excited now about the launch, since it appears ill be getting one now
Old 08-22-2009, 01:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: And away we go..... Sprint TP2 around corner, MUST READ...

good game sprint
verizon...has not or will not ever do that -_-;
Old 08-22-2009, 01:44 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i shouldve asked what the retail value of the device was, since that seems to be a very ellusive question...

when someone else gets a call like this, ask them the MSRP on it...
Old 08-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You know that does sound really enticing... but we keep thinking someone like Best Buy could offer it a week or so earlier. Did they say you have to go ahead and pay or bill your account?
Old 08-22-2009, 01:59 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
You know that does sound really enticing... but we keep thinking someone like Best Buy could offer it a week or so earlier. Did they say you have to go ahead and pay or bill your account?
i wasnt really perpared for the call, i can think of lots of questions now, i shouldve asked...

if there is a direct ship release on the 3rd?
if there is you would think she wouldnt tell me i can have it on the 8th..

if BB was gonna launch b4 Sprint like they have in the past...
im sure if this were true though, by now, someone with a friend in BB, would know something by now, were 17daya away from the 8th already... they'd be launching next week if that were the case...wouldnt you think?
Old 08-22-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor

I've never heard of sprint doing this. I would question the legitimacy of it...not that it doesnt meant its awesome if its true...I would call a direct sprint line and ask them that this has been noted on your account, or what record they have of this taking place
Old 08-22-2009, 02:17 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

just curious, but how are you supposed to take advantage of this offer?
btw, let me be the first to offer to buy it from you

Last edited by puff; 08-22-2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: add first offer to buy TP2
Old 08-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Well I just called a Sprint Premiere Representative. I explained that I was having certain issues with my current TP and was very interested in upgrading to a new device. First he tried selling me on the Palm Pre, And treo Pro. I told him I was not interested in these devices. I asked If there were any phones coming out soon That I may be interested in, and he said he had no information on any other phones coming out soon. I then asked him directly that I may be interested in the upcoming TP2. He played dumb and said he knew nothing about the upcoming TP2. He continued to try to sell me the Treo Pro. I told him to please contact me when they know more information about the TP2.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 08-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Might as well close this BS thread since sprint will not ever do this.I asked 4 different people in Retentions today also talked to account services sup who put me on hold for 10 minutes not 2-3 but 10 and he researched this for me.

What did he find? sprint in noway no how does this.In fact he was so sure he said if i found that to be true which he said i will not he would send me a pro 2 for free as i have been with sprint for 10 years and have 3 on my 7 lines i have.He also stated no department has been given the price yet also.

So sorry to burst his bubble but he is liying
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:02 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Might as well close this BS thread since sprint will not ever do this.I asked 4 different people in Retentions today also talked to account services sup who put me on hold for 10 minutes not 2-3 but 10 and he researched this for me.

What did he find? sprint in noway no how does this.In fact he was so sure he said if i found that to be true which he said i will not he would send me a pro 2 for free as i have been with sprint for 10 years and have 3 on my 7 lines i have.He also stated no department has been given the price yet also.

So sorry to burst his bubble but he is liying
I smelt bull right away... yea right OP

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2