PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   And away we go..... Sprint TP2 around corner, MUST READ... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80561)

boredandtattooed 08-22-2009 01:35 PM

And away we go..... Sprint TP2 around corner, MUST READ...

so i just got the most delightful call, and i suspect a ton of others will too....

a woman identifying herself as a Sprint Premeir CS agent, i thought it was weird she said it like that, called me with an interesting offer...

She told me there was a new device launch coming up and based on the handsets on my account(3 TPs), they figured i'd be interested in an offer..

so i asked her what device she was talking about and what kind of offer she had in mind...

she said i could lock in today, and reserve a HTC TOUCH PRO 2 for 200bucks, well 199.99....

so naturally my next question was, well whens that coming out since everyone has different answers... "on the 8th of Sept" she tells me... she did reassure me though, that this was not a guarenteed date of launch, but my offer would still be good, even if launch is pushed back...

i wasnt sure if i wanted a TP2, but ah hell, why not, especially for 2 bills,guarenteed... i have 3 TPs, i can just sell one to cover the costs of the newer TP2....

so has anyone else gotten this call yet??? i hope everyone gets the same call...
ive been getting alot of hookups for sprint lately and i dunno why.... Yesterday i got an email for a free month of service, like 2 days ago i got a refurb for free and i shouldve had to pay...

i dunno, but it seems like sprint cust care,company wide, is trying hard to turn over a new leaf and better serve their customers... atleast thats how it seems to me...

they called my main line, and my 3rd line is the really tricked out one, otherwise i wouldve recorded the call for everyone to hear, but i dont have call recording on my main line....

i hope all of you get the same offer, whether today,tomorrow,or next week.... im actually excited now about the launch, since it appears ill be getting one now

Noir 08-22-2009 01:37 PM

Re: And away we go..... Sprint TP2 around corner, MUST READ...

good game sprint
verizon...has not or will not ever do that -_-;

boredandtattooed 08-22-2009 01:44 PM

i shouldve asked what the retail value of the device was, since that seems to be a very ellusive question...

when someone else gets a call like this, ask them the MSRP on it...

slopokdave 08-22-2009 01:51 PM

You know that does sound really enticing... but we keep thinking someone like Best Buy could offer it a week or so earlier. Did they say you have to go ahead and pay or bill your account?

boredandtattooed 08-22-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slopokdave (Post 1116048)
You know that does sound really enticing... but we keep thinking someone like Best Buy could offer it a week or so earlier. Did they say you have to go ahead and pay or bill your account?

i wasnt really perpared for the call, i can think of lots of questions now, i shouldve asked...

if there is a direct ship release on the 3rd?
if there is you would think she wouldnt tell me i can have it on the 8th..

if BB was gonna launch b4 Sprint like they have in the past...
im sure if this were true though, by now, someone with a friend in BB, would know something by now, were 17daya away from the 8th already... they'd be launching next week if that were the case...wouldnt you think?

myhollowworld2 08-22-2009 02:11 PM

I've never heard of sprint doing this. I would question the legitimacy of it...not that it doesnt meant its awesome if its true...I would call a direct sprint line and ask them that this has been noted on your account, or what record they have of this taking place

puff 08-22-2009 02:17 PM

just curious, but how are you supposed to take advantage of this offer?
btw, let me be the first to offer to buy it from you :D

Hypnotic2010 08-22-2009 02:38 PM

Well I just called a Sprint Premiere Representative. I explained that I was having certain issues with my current TP and was very interested in upgrading to a new device. First he tried selling me on the Palm Pre, And treo Pro. I told him I was not interested in these devices. I asked If there were any phones coming out soon That I may be interested in, and he said he had no information on any other phones coming out soon. I then asked him directly that I may be interested in the upcoming TP2. He played dumb and said he knew nothing about the upcoming TP2. He continued to try to sell me the Treo Pro. I told him to please contact me when they know more information about the TP2.](*,)](*,)](*,):(:(:protest::protest:

rdcrds 08-22-2009 02:45 PM

Might as well close this BS thread since sprint will not ever do this.I asked 4 different people in Retentions today also talked to account services sup who put me on hold for 10 minutes not 2-3 but 10 and he researched this for me.

What did he find? sprint in noway no how does this.In fact he was so sure he said if i found that to be true which he said i will not he would send me a pro 2 for free as i have been with sprint for 10 years and have 3 on my 7 lines i have.He also stated no department has been given the price yet also.

So sorry to burst his bubble but he is liying

Dragon2 08-22-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 1116116)
Might as well close this BS thread since sprint will not ever do this.I asked 4 different people in Retentions today also talked to account services sup who put me on hold for 10 minutes not 2-3 but 10 and he researched this for me.

What did he find? sprint in noway no how does this.In fact he was so sure he said if i found that to be true which he said i will not he would send me a pro 2 for free as i have been with sprint for 10 years and have 3 on my 7 lines i have.He also stated no department has been given the price yet also.

So sorry to burst his bubble but he is liying

I smelt bull right away... yea right OP