PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 03:04 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: And away we go..... Sprint TP2 around corner, MUST READ...

hey HATERS, calm down... no need to be rude...

i suppose i made this up too? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...01#post1116101 noone had seen that b4 either... not offered in that fashion..

read my posts about TP2, ive hardly been supportive of the device... why would i need to make something like this up???

and i bet i could call sprint now and have someone "research" the TP2 date and some would say they dont know, or theres no offical "launch" date(but merely a target date), or that its for sure the 8th, or that for sure theyll be a direct ship date....

a million answers from a million people...

stop hatin!!!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Might as well close this BS thread since sprint will not ever do this.I asked 4 different people in Retentions today also talked to account services sup who put me on hold for 10 minutes not 2-3 but 10 and he researched this for me.

What did he find? sprint in noway no how does this.In fact he was so sure he said if i found that to be true which he said i will not he would send me a pro 2 for free as i have been with sprint for 10 years and have 3 on my 7 lines i have.He also stated no department has been given the price yet also.

So sorry to burst his bubble but he is liying
Well I wouldnt say hes lying. In my experience the Sprint reps are not always on the same page, or the same chapter for that matter. I dont believe Bored would straight out make up a lie. Whether or not it was a fake call. Bored has always been helpfull around here, and I think he has better things to do than fabricate stories.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Well I wouldnt say hes lying. In my experience the Sprint reps are not always on the same page, or the same chapter for that matter. I dont believe Bored would straight out make up a lie. Whether or not it was a fake call. Bored has always been helpfull around here, and I think he has better things to do than fabricate stories.
Word.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well since the baseball game i am going to watch is not on for a hour yet i still called again and again and this last time i asked to have a high priority rep call me back about this.And AGAIN i was so assured that they WOULD NEVER do this for a new phone that they would credit my account the price of the phone if i found this to be true.

The person i talked to asked me for the phone number of this person so he could put it to a end but i told him it was just someone i do not know on the net.

He then told me that was my first mistake.I have his direct line and said to me that if i found anyone who got this offer to have them call him and if by some un goldly reason it was true he would credit my account the total price of the touch pro 2.

This is just someone who is bored on a saturday.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:44 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Thank You... i mean who knows, for all we know it couldve been a promotion... maybe they only did it for like a 100 people, maybe 1000, maybe 10,000... wouldnt take but a day to fill any of those quotas... if it was something like that, out of Sprint 30million customers, itd be slim to none to get the same offer...

people just always want what someone else has, and if they cant have it too, then it must not be real...

**edit** sorry another post while typing....

you cant be serious "never do anything like that for a new phone" you know how many people had locked in rates on TP1s b4 they came out... Sprint was handing out credits for TP1s like crazy... your insane

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-22-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:54 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Might as well close this BS thread since sprint will not ever do this.I asked 4 different people in Retentions today also talked to account services sup who put me on hold for 10 minutes not 2-3 but 10 and he researched this for me.

What did he find? sprint in noway no how does this.In fact he was so sure he said if i found that to be true which he said i will not he would send me a pro 2 for free as i have been with sprint for 10 years and have 3 on my 7 lines i have.He also stated no department has been given the price yet also.

So sorry to burst his bubble but he is liying
Quote:
Well since the baseball game i am going to watch is not on for a hour yet i still called again and again and this last time i asked to have a high priority rep call me back about this.And AGAIN i was so assured that they WOULD NEVER do this for a new phone that they would credit my account the price of the phone if i found this to be true.

The person i talked to asked me for the phone number of this person so he could put it to a end but i told him it was just someone i do not know on the net.

He then told me that was my first mistake.I have his direct line and said to me that if i found anyone who got this offer to have them call him and if by some un goldly reason it was true he would credit my account the total price of the touch pro 2.

This is just someone who is bored on a saturday.
you gotta be the luckiest guy in the world huh.... 4 calls to retentions, 1 to account serv rep, a 10minute hold in there, and now the pre baseball game calls... whats that about 8 call u got through on and completed in the 2hrs this has been up...

can i have your methods of contacting sprint for future use, since u apparently have some skill the rest of us do not
Old 08-22-2009, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

silverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsilverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsilverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsilverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i'm going to have to call BS on this one... on the account of extreme jealousy.

Its funny how someone is trying to share his expierence with Sprint customer service and he already has people hating that he got an awesome deal and they didn't, so they immediately call BS.

I for one wish Verizon would do the same, but we all know that would never happen.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I doubt anyone with a reputation like boredandtattooed's would waste his time posting nonsense. I'm glad he took the time to share the info.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Im talking to the premier account sup as im typing this and she again said noway no how and is even checking with telesales about it and again this premier rep tells me the same thing.Why not call in like they request? this way i get it free if you are not Bsing? want there number here it is lets put the thing to rest call in to this number 800-927-2199 and ask for Nicole and tell her you were to call in about the offer of a touch pro 2 for 199$ that you were given by a premier rep this deal.

Aslo she said the price was going to be 299$ after mail in rebate and the order date is sept 9th take it for what it is worth but call in if this is true and what you posted is true.

It will say sprint buisness just talk to any rep there and ask for nicole in premier

Last edited by rdcrds; 08-22-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:28 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Im talking to the premier account sup as im typing this and she again said noway no how and is even checking with telesales about it and again this premier rep tells me the same thing.Why not call in like they request? this way i get it free if you are not Bsing? want there number here it is lets put the thing to rest call in to this number 800-927-2199 and ask for Nicole and tell her you were to call in about the offer of a touch pro 2 for 199$ that you were given by a premier rep this deal.

Aslo she said the price was going to be 299$ after mail in rebate and the order date is sept 9th take it for what it is worth but call in if this is true and what you posted is true.
first, why would i help you get a FREE one, when i have to pay 200bucks?? so i can shut some jealous idiot up on the internet??? not worth my time... you dont have to belive me, nor do i care if you do.... there is no reason to just make this up out of nowhere... sorry about your luck, better luck next promotion(or whatever it was)...

if you were sprint and only gave away so many of these deals, what would you tell people that call and inquire aftewards?... you'd tell them, no way, no how... if you didnt, youd be setting yourself up for an onslaught of retention calls, damanding the same offer... then your screwed, open season on discounted handsets....

why are you the least bit suprised that Sprint gave something to someone and not someone else??

i have a 27% discount on my bill, do you?
i have 3 TPs, that cost me $100 total, do you?
i have 2 lines with free unlimited data, the 3rd line gets it for $8, do you?
i have a reoccuring $20 credit every month, do you?
i have nights @ 6pm free, do you?
i have my monthly 9.99 fee for my 3rd and 4th lines, do you?
i have an email right now offering a free month of service for extending my contract, do you??

get off my case man! go be jealous in someone elses thread

***edit*** funny how you got the 9th as an answer, dont think weve heard that one yet
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2