PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, TP, TP2, Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

proxcee is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question HTC Touch Pro 2...4G capable???

Hope this isnt a duplicate thread but I've searched and come up with nothing. Can anyone confirm if the Touch Pro 2 is 4G capable? I'm on the fence about getting one.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff
Re: HTC Touch Pro 2...4G capable???

Its not 4G capable
Old 08-22-2009, 12:55 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

4g = WiMax and LTE

--------------------------funny articles---------

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/53271.html from 2006... wtf? a wimax device before theres even wimax???

http://www.htc.com/www/product/max4g/overview.html isnt this the only wimax device around really??

it is rumored that sprint is working on a samsung android device that will support WiMax...
Old 08-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

As much as I do not use the device for surfing or noise listening, 4G is not that important to me. If it can handle email type downloads efficiently then I am ok.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Katana

-Sin- is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to -Sin-

man i am WEAYYYYYY behind, in this smart phone business, i never owned a 2g, or even a 3g phone, and their about to bring out 4g!!!! what man thats INSANE!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Even if it did support 4G, the bottleneck would then be the processor.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:20 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The processor would not be the bottleneck even if it is outdated. If you mean video streaming, thats the work of missing drivers >.>, you'd be surprised how TP2 would fly if it had full 2d and 3d drivers.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-23-2009, 05:18 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sin- View Post
man i am WEAYYYYYY behind, in this smart phone business, i never owned a 2g, or even a 3g phone, and their about to bring out 4g!!!! what man thats INSANE!
u sure about that, a TP,mogul, just about anything on this site is 3g... and sprint has been making 3g devices for YRS...
Old 08-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
The processor would not be the bottleneck even if it is outdated. If you mean video streaming, thats the work of missing drivers >.>, you'd be surprised how TP2 would fly if it had full 2d and 3d drivers.
I'm talking about the time it takes to load/render pages in both Opera and PIE. Even when I'm on WiFi it seems like the amount of time it takes to load pages is insignificantly faster.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
I'm talking about the time it takes to load/render pages in both Opera and PIE. Even when I'm on WiFi it seems like the amount of time it takes to load pages is insignificantly faster.
Wifi has never made my phone browsing experience faster. It is however useful for making hotspots and when 3G isn't around. Not sure what the bottleneck is, I would probably not say processor as my phone gets great Internet speeds when tethered. I would guess it has something to do with GPU and rendering.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2