PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Duel microphones 0? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80452)

maedhros 08-21-2009 04:01 PM

Duel microphones 0?

Hey guys, I was just looking around in the registry editor, and under Software/HTC/Phone duel microphones is set to 0. Telus ROM. I thought that 0 meant disabled, so I just changed it to 1.

Any thoughts? Did telus disable the two mics? and have just 1?

Haven't tested it as of yet. Will be testing it after 6 :mrgreen:

CovKid66 08-21-2009 08:23 PM

Re: Duel microphones 0?

Quote:

Originally Posted by maedhros (Post 1114657)
Hey guys, I was just looking around in the registry editor, and under Software/HTC/Phone duel microphones is set to 0. Telus ROM. I thought that 0 meant disabled, so I just changed it to 1.

Any thoughts? Did telus disable the two mics? and have just 1?

Haven't tested it as of yet. Will be testing it after 6 :mrgreen:

Perhaps it's set to "0" / disabled so they don't fight / challenge one another (duel) :mrgreen:

Let us know how you're testing goes. I can confirm that my Telus DualMicrophone setting is 0 too.

-Sin- 08-22-2009 02:10 AM

very Interesting.. .. ..

Monkii 08-22-2009 03:23 AM

Did you notice that in phone setting, last tab (Advanced), last option is "Reduce noise in phone calls". Mine is set to "Automatically". May be you wanna try set that to Always/Never and see if it affects the registry you mentioned?

iamrobk 08-22-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkii (Post 1115631)
Did you notice that in phone setting, last tab (Advanced), last option is "Reduce noise in phone calls". Mine is set to "Automatically". May be you wanna try set that to Always/Never and see if it affects the registry you mentioned?

Yeah, i would suggest fiddling with that setting and seeing what happens.

shtewps 08-22-2009 11:27 AM

i noticed last night while my phone was on speaker that on the very bottom of the packplate there is a hole, which makes sense to be a mic. and underneith the send button there is also another hole which makes sense to be a mic when your phone isnt on speaker.

dual mics?

Monkii 08-22-2009 12:15 PM

That hole at the very bottom of the backplate is for attaching landyards or whatever decorative item you like, as described by the user manual.

Aside from the hole under the "send" button, there's another one on the right side of the phone toward the top. I assume that's location of the second mic.

CovKid66 08-22-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkii (Post 1115927)
That hole at the very bottom of the backplate is for attaching landyards or whatever decorative item you like, as described by the user manual.

Aside from the hole under the "send" button, there's another one on the right side of the phone toward the top. I assume that's location of the second mic.

Correct, the mic that presumably gets used when you have the phone face down and on speaker mode is on the right of the phone, and in line / same location to where the + volume key is on the left hand edge.

maedhros 08-22-2009 03:02 PM

From my tests it SEEMS as if the calls are a bit clearer. Can someone else tests and confirm?

ItsMichaelNotMike 08-22-2009 04:22 PM

There are dual mics, where indicated.

When in "conference room" mode, the mic on the side kicks in. When talking as a regular phone, the mic at the bottom is the only one that works. This makes sense since the mic on the side cannot be on when talking in "regular mode." Can you imagine the noise from wind, etc.

Leave the setting on automatic as this will also adjust the duplex mode feature too.