PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 03:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

fump is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry camera noise

So I'm really happy with the touch pro2 and everything... but there's a little something that's driving me up the friggin' wall. How do you disable the noise the camera application makes when you take a picture? On the diamond it used to be an option you could set... that option seems to be gone with the touch pro 2. Am I retarded? Do I just not see it? It even makes noise when you set the phone on silent...
Old 08-14-2009, 03:27 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: camera noise

Well, you could use a reg edito like phmregedit that ha a search/find function and search the registry for it. That way you could prolly disable that sound or change it to something else. You could look in the windows folder using File explorer and try to find which wav file is the sound you hear. Then search for that file in the registry.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pistol44 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Well, you could use a reg edito like phmregedit that ha a search/find function and search the registry for it. That way you could prolly disable that sound or change it to something else. You could look in the windows folder using File explorer and try to find which wav file is the sound you hear. Then search for that file in the registry.
I tried to fix this as well. I miss that option from my Diamond.. I used Regedit and went into
\HKLM\software\HTC\Camera. I looked through everything and found an entry for disabling shutter sound. However editing the values didn't make a difference. I then found a fix that supposedly works by going to : "\HKLM\software\HTC\Camera\Common\SourceofSnapsoun d " change "\Windows\Snap.wav" to "\Windows\" but that didn't work either!

So I am also clueless..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP||| Omnia ||| Touch
Carrier: VZW

trdspectacoma is becoming a great contributor

I think it is that mandate law that the cameras have to have a sound. I don't think we can change it
Old 08-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
I tried to fix this as well. I miss that option from my Diamond.. I used Regedit and went into
\HKLM\software\HTC\Camera. I looked through everything and found an entry for disabling shutter sound. However editing the values didn't make a difference. I then found a fix that supposedly works by going to : "\HKLM\software\HTC\Camera\Common\SourceofSnapsoun d " change "\Windows\Snap.wav" to "\Windows\" but that didn't work either!

So I am also clueless..
lol. I just did both of those things this afternoon. I actually recorded a .5-second blank .wav file and set that as the shutter sound in the registry, but to no avail. The stupid camera noise is still there!
Old 08-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

On the T-Mobile TP2 you can do the following. Is this not available on the Telus version?

Old 08-21-2009, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pistol44 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
On the T-Mobile TP2 you can do the following. Is this not available on the Telus version?

I wish!! That was exactly what was on the Diamond. However Telus has removed that option entirely with their version. Hoping that maybe chefs can cook T-Mobiles camera into our custom roms?
Old 08-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
I wish!! That was exactly what was on the Diamond. However Telus has removed that option entirely with their version. Hoping that maybe chefs can cook T-Mobiles camera into our custom roms?
Have you tried deleting that reg key all together & then doing a soft reset?

Edit: the file referenced in that key "snap.wav" doesn't even exist. the sound must be built into the version of camera that you're using or something.

Last edited by 8notime; 08-21-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

andsoitgoes is becoming a great contributor

I know personally I've tried editing the registry, I've FOUND the wav file that creates the sound, but it's embedded in the ROM, and cannot be deleted.

Looking through the registry for anything that references that file comes up empty.

Like I said in another post, it seems like this will be locked until a custom ROM.

I can't believe it's not locked for t-mobile, boourns!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:36 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Does this have anything to do with this:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...4:@@@L&summ2=m&

http://www.thetechherald.com/article...ter-sound-bill

Personally I agree with the law, and think the benefits of putting such a law in place out weigh the reasons somebody might have for disabling it -as harmless as they might be in that situation. Just my opinion.

Also, can we determine if this is a CDMA limitation or not? I read somewhere that it was. Doesn't make any sense to me why that would be...just curious if it is.

Last edited by CovKid66; 08-21-2009 at 08:15 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2