PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 07:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

Zeybrin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Zeybrin
65k Colors?

Is it true that the TP2 has only 65k colors on its nice screen? The palm pre has like 16 Million right?

I dunno if the human eye can tell the difference but. . . what the heck HTC?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:36 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: 65k Colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeybrin View Post
Is it true that the TP2 has only 65k colors on its nice screen? The palm pre has like 16 Million right?

I dunno if the human eye can tell the difference but. . . what the heck HTC?
thats actually a limitation of windows mobile, not HTC. Not sure why they didnt change that for wm6.5
Old 08-29-2009, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Katana
Carrier: Sprint

-Sin- is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to -Sin-

yeah i caught word of this on the damn youtube review somebody made, i was like "WTF MAN!" (but i am still getting it)
Old 08-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I can sure tell the difference between 65k and 16 million. You see the color shades more. You can do a test right now. Go to your monitor disply settings and change it into 65k. Then check out some picture. Pay close attention to dark tones.

I have been hammering HTC over and over because of the lacking 3d accelaration on their past next gen ppc's and now I came to a conclusion Pro 2 is also effected by the dreaded missing 3d drivers too.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I can sure tell the difference between 65k and 16 million. You see the color shades more. You can do a test right now. Go to your monitor disply settings and change it into 65k. Then check out some picture. Pay close attention to dark tones.

I have been hammering HTC over and over because of the lacking 3d accelaration on their past next gen ppc's and now I came to a conclusion Pro 2 is also effected by the dreaded missing 3d drivers too.
yeah i cant believe they still dont have the 3d drivers, with all of our *****ing and moaning!
thats why im not getting the another htc device till they fix this, the new omnia is looking very nice
Old 08-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
yeah i cant believe they still dont have the 3d drivers, with all of our *****ing and moaning!
thats why im not getting the another htc device till they fix this, the new omnia is looking very nice
honestly, business wise its a good move for HTC. Just look at how everyone is excited for it! They will still buy it even if it had no camera. HTC knows they will sell and they figure its cheap to make and the only part that need to be mass made is the bigger screen. They have all the rest of the parts including the old outdated cpu they are throwing in. maybe its their way of saving the environment? Recycle old parts and slap a big screen and name it next gen part 2?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
honestly, business wise its a good move for HTC. Just look at how everyone is excited for it! They will still buy it even if it had no camera. HTC knows they will sell and they figure its cheap to make and the only part that need to be mass made is the bigger screen. They have all the rest of the parts including the old outdated cpu they are throwing in. maybe its their way of saving the environment? Recycle old parts and slap a big screen and name it next gen part 2?
lmao yeah i guess so, its crazy how many people think htc makes the best winmo devices. They make good software, hardware wise there behind most. The Dell Axim was a better all around device [besides ram/rom] and that was released how many years ago?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2