PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up 'Classic' word correction and fix:

Just a quick fix that took me some time to find (hoping I can save someone some time):

For those of you missing the 'classic' auto correction (ie. auto-capitalization of 'i' and auto-punctuation of words like 'didnt' using the hardware keyboard), here's a fix for the stock Telus ROM (and others I'm sure):

1. Install the attached cab and reset (credit goes to GoodThings2Life)

2. Change this registry key:
HKCU/ControlPanel/SIP/suggwords from a value of '4' (or whatever number is there) to '0'.

If you skip step #2, you'll find that the 'classic' menu of suggested words pops up even when typing on the hardware keyboard (uber annoying for me - but if you like it, hey).

I don't often use anything but the hardware keyboard for typing so I'm not sure if this fix will affect your other SIPs. At first glance, it doesn't seem to change anything.

That issue was driving me nuts from the day I bought my TP2.

Peace!
Attached Files
File Type: zip classic_word_completion.zip (605 Bytes, 21 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by trevor_g; 08-20-2009 at 02:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:47 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Re: 'Classic' word correction and fix:

Hmmm...you're issue looks kinda like the thread that's been discussed on the 1st page of the TP2 forum for a few days:

Auto capital "i" for email, sms, etc.

And your fix kinda looks like this post on that same thread posted just a little earlier than yours...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=18

Last edited by CovKid66; 08-20-2009 at 03:00 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd

The hack works in winmo base but not through htc or opera... too bad as i am spending less and less time in winmo. they need to make this universal.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 > Touch > Diamond > TP > TP2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

shtewps is keeping up the good workshtewps is keeping up the good work

^ Well, if it works with winmo sms replies, and email then hopefully that should be the bulk of when you only really need it.

I wanna try, but am weary of any side effects :s although there really shouldn't be any. this is probably the solution I originally used but never had to change any reg settings, but that was probably bundled in the cab.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

Tweak_four17 is becoming a great contributor

the cab works good, works for text messages, PockeTwit and the Facebbok app, works on the address bar in Opera but not in any text fields...is there a reg edit to add Opera functionality? otherwise great cab.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:30 PM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtewps View Post
^ Well, if it works with winmo sms replies, and email then hopefully that should be the bulk of when you only really need it.

I wanna try, but am weary of any side effects :s although there really shouldn't be any. this is probably the solution I originally used but never had to change any reg settings, but that was probably bundled in the cab.
I've been using it since I first posted about it in the other thread, and although I don't use TF3D, I've noticed no obvious / standout issues. To be honest it's been a real benefit having it. The proper automated capitalization and added apostrophes is a huge time saver for me. I'm even using the directional keys to select words from the pop-up list on occassion!

I did not add the additional registry setting mentioned above. I simply installed the cab because I DO want this to work with the slider keyboard. Perhaps it's still too early, but I'm loving it so far!
Old 08-20-2009, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

another minor tweak that would be nice is the captalisation after punctutation ( . , ! ? )..
Old 08-20-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweak_four17 View Post
another minor tweak that would be nice is the captalisation after punctutation ( . , ! ? )..
I'm pretty sure this is the default even without this hack. I'm not going to uninstall it now, but have you tried it? I'm sure it used to capitalize the first letter of any new sentence. Perhaps I'm loosing it
Old 08-20-2009, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 > Touch > Diamond > TP > TP2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

shtewps is keeping up the good workshtewps is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
I've been using it since I first posted about it in the other thread, and although I don't use TF3D, I've noticed no obvious / standout issues. To be honest it's been a real benefit having it. The proper automated capitalization and added apostrophes is a huge time saver for me. I'm even using the directional keys to select words from the pop-up list on occassion!

I did not add the additional registry setting mentioned above. I simply installed the cab because I DO want this to work with the slider keyboard. Perhaps it's still too early, but I'm loving it so far!
+1 Im happy with the suggestive menu. Will come in handy for larger words. Did a quick test and seems to be working as it should.

I noticed after installing the .cab and doing a soft reset that my memory % is now at 55% and before install it was at 65%. Hmmph. What's everyone else sitting at?

EDIT: I'd also like to confirm that this in fact does work in TF3D text messaging! sweet!

Last edited by shtewps; 08-20-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm at 69% with it...and I am not getting capitalization after periods but I am getting the capitol I and the ' added in as it should...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2