PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Installed 6.5 on my TP2 (T-Mobile) today... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80212)

TomasPistola 08-19-2009 11:16 PM

Installed 6.5 on my TP2 (T-Mobile) today...

So far, I like it. Been good and stable. Had to configure the internet on it but no biggie there. Starting to install some mods and apps so I will see how that goes :)

leanne 08-20-2009 12:47 AM

Re: Installed 6.5 on my TP2 (T-Mobile) today...

Stop bragging :) Us poor CDMA people aren't unlocked yet :(

banjoeball 08-20-2009 10:08 AM

......awwww.

come on HSPL!

Noir 08-20-2009 10:21 AM

which rom are you using and how is the screen estate? any different than tpro 1? what about scroll engine? is it more polished due to screen size?

jessiethe3rd 08-20-2009 10:34 PM

yes boasting is all great and all but providing real feed back is a true contributor to the forum.

TomasPistola 08-25-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd (Post 1113489)
yes boasting is all great and all but providing real feed back is a true contributor to the forum.

Sorry about that. I wasn't really trying to boast. The question put to me was to compare it to the TP1 and I couldn't do that because I didn't have the TP1. What's more is I have a 7 week old son that I have been filling my spare time with. What I can and do say about it (6.5) is that I found it to be very snappy and the navigation with the new start menu to be a vast improvement over the old style. I've seriously considered dropping TF3d off for a while because for once I don't feel like I need/want it to get to things quickly. Maybe 2.5 will change my mind :)

The screen is beautiful. I've used the G1, the iphone, and numerous smart phones in my life time and I think this one is far and way the best looks wise. And while a capacitive touch screen would have been nice - I've not seen any reason to pull out my stylus other than with the web browser occasionally.

Overall I'd say that Windows Mobile still has a ways to go to catch up with iphone and Android for ease of use. Windows Mobile still isn't in a place where I would/could recommend it to my average customers. But it's moving in the right direction I believe.

Once again. Sorry if I came across as a tease. I was really just excited to have it installed and wanted to share it with my fellow geeks.

jethro_static 08-25-2009 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomasPistola (Post 1111447)
So far, I like it. Been good and stable. Had to configure the internet on it but no biggie there. Starting to install some mods and apps so I will see how that goes :)

Post a Youtube video!

jessiethe3rd 08-25-2009 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomasPistola (Post 1120479)
Sorry about that. I wasn't really trying to boast. The question put to me was to compare it to the TP1 and I couldn't do that because I didn't have the TP1. What's more is I have a 7 week old son that I have been filling my spare time with. What I can and do say about it (6.5) is that I found it to be very snappy and the navigation with the new start menu to be a vast improvement over the old style. I've seriously considered dropping TF3d off for a while because for once I don't feel like I need/want it to get to things quickly. Maybe 2.5 will change my mind :)

The screen is beautiful. I've used the G1, the iphone, and numerous smart phones in my life time and I think this one is far and way the best looks wise. And while a capacitive touch screen would have been nice - I've not seen any reason to pull out my stylus other than with the web browser occasionally.

Overall I'd say that Windows Mobile still has a ways to go to catch up with iphone and Android for ease of use. Windows Mobile still isn't in a place where I would/could recommend it to my average customers. But it's moving in the right direction I believe.

Once again. Sorry if I came across as a tease. I was really just excited to have it installed and wanted to share it with my fellow geeks.

THANKS! :D Just wanted what as above... (BTW - kids are way more important then gadgets...did I just say that????)

-Sin- 08-25-2009 02:55 AM

+1

good info, post a video of youtube, (if possable) this makes prety much just conirmed my suspicion that 6.5 is a worthy update

bigmike69 08-28-2009 01:05 AM

Where do you get wm 6.5 for tmo tp2?