PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Apache XV6700, Ipaq 3700
Carrier: Verizon

CheTzu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question CDMA or GSM (NEWB QUESTION)

I'm currently looking at a few online reviews on WM 6.5 roms for the Verizon Touch pro 2. And I noticed that on ppcgeeks, the roms and kitchens are divided into 2 sections: GSM and CDMA.

Many articles are claiming that the Verizon Touch Pro 2 are both GSM and CDMA .... so my question is WTF?!!?

Well actually, which roms should I be looking at, the ones in the GSM section or the ones in the CDMA section? I read many warnings to not mix the two, so any help towards the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if this helps but my manual says I have Global Phone capabilities, which im not paying for and it has a visible sim card, yet I read articles claiming this is both a GSM and CDMA.

Im sooooo confused. All I want is WM 6.5 for Christmas, so I can begin to cry and moan for WM 7, lol!
Old 01-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: CDMA or GSM (NEWB QUESTION)

You are with Verizon. You are CDMA. Whatever you do, DO NOT use any ROMs in the GSM section as you will brick your phone
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Almost Here)
Carrier: Sprint

reyrey127 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheTzu View Post
I'm currently looking at a few online reviews on WM 6.5 roms for the Verizon Touch pro 2. And I noticed that on ppcgeeks, the roms and kitchens are divided into 2 sections: GSM and CDMA.

Many articles are claiming that the Verizon Touch Pro 2 are both GSM and CDMA .... so my question is WTF?!!?

Well actually, which roms should I be looking at, the ones in the GSM section or the ones in the CDMA section? I read many warnings to not mix the two, so any help towards the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if this helps but my manual says I have Global Phone capabilities, which im not paying for and it has a visible sim card, yet I read articles claiming this is both a GSM and CDMA.

Im sooooo confused. All I want is WM 6.5 for Christmas, so I can begin to cry and moan for WM 7, lol!
i suggest u wait till end of january and see if w6.5 is coming stock from verizon or sprint.. seeing how things are.. i am doubtful but who knows....
Old 01-01-2010, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Global phone meaning you can roam internationally on GSM networks. But your phone is CMDA. So you would flash CDMA.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The only $50 Touch Pro2
Carrier: gottaluvSPRINT

wampuscat is keeping up the good workwampuscat is keeping up the good work

yea what he said , its a cdma phone with a quad band radio capable of gsm reception. a gsm rom will make you a beautiful paper weight
Old 01-02-2010, 05:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Apache XV6700, Ipaq 3700
Threadstarter

CheTzu is a n00b

Thank you all so much for the advice! I will proceed to the CDMA section with my newbness

@reyrey127 I am doubtful as well. Both Microsoft and HTC claim Verizon has had the update since October. You would think from the extra money they are robbing from our families with their grimy suspect plans like forcing us to pay for Internet since Nov of 2008 or giving its $40 a month paying netbook users a 250mb limit, they would have put in the effort to not sell its customers OUT OF DATE devices! They never updated the 2005 Apache XV6700 from WM 5.0 to 6.0. If it wasnt for PPCGeeks, I would of been harassing Verizon all these years for it.

I know it sounds crazy, but I believe one day PPCGeeks is going to offer its own wireless plans. Someone has to step in, and show these Corporate jerks how its done. This is one of the many reasons why I never vote democrat or republican. Verizon does not fund the Green Party. None of those thieves do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2