PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 > Touch > Diamond > TP > TP2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

shtewps is keeping up the good workshtewps is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Speaker volume (quiet then loud)

Is anyone noticing that after the unit sits, the first sound is plays through the speaker (IE: a key tone) is very quiet. Right after the initial sound byte is played through the speaker it then gains the correct volume as in your volume settings.

I am having a bit of trouble hearing my email notification as it only beeps once. It is abnormally quiet despite my volume settings.

Can anyone confirm this? Try playing with the ring tone alerts, the first one may be really quiet and the subsequent tone will play as it should.

Last edited by shtewps; 08-18-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Armani G is just getting started
Re: Speaker volume (quiet then loud)

yup happens to mine too odd
Old 08-18-2009, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks for confirming.. good to know im not alone on this one.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Hero
Carrier: Telus

freebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Same here, I also notice this when using the on screen dialer...weird.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebie View Post
Same here, I also notice this when using the on screen dialer...weird.
Since I still have a Mogul, I don't know if this issue was fixed already in the TP1, but does having the sounds for keypresses in the dialer cause a delay that goes away if you disable button-press sounds in the dialer?
Old 08-19-2009, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Hero
Carrier: Telus

freebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Since I still have a Mogul, I don't know if this issue was fixed already in the TP1, but does having the sounds for keypresses in the dialer cause a delay that goes away if you disable button-press sounds in the dialer?
I think this is a differnt issue for the dialer...as stated in the intial 1st post the first "byte" is quiet and then all further "bytes" are heard at the current set volume. This becomes a problem for notifications for e-mail, text messages etc., which are usually single beeps or clicks. I guess we could change our notifications to sing a 5 min song and you would never miss a text again...or hope for a fix. lol
Old 08-19-2009, 01:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebie View Post
I think this is a differnt issue for the dialer...as stated in the intial 1st post the first "byte" is quiet and then all further "bytes" are heard at the current set volume. This becomes a problem for notifications for e-mail, text messages etc., which are usually single beeps or clicks. I guess we could change our notifications to sing a 5 min song and you would never miss a text again...or hope for a fix. lol
I understand, but it's sort of a closely related issue, with the dialer and sounds. Just wondering.........
Old 08-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

This may have something to do with a power management setting. When you get a message the device has to wake up a little before it plays the new message tone. I would suggest changing the notification tone to a longer one. This may help. This has happened to me every once and a while but not always. I have mine set to vibrate on this notification regardless and that def helps to get my attention. You could try disabling some of the power management settings in the registry one by one and see if any have an effect but you may notice a negative effect on battery life.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: tmo

glroze is a n00b

It does the same thing when you play bubble breaker, sometimes the 'pop' sound will be very low in volume, then the next time it will play at normal volume.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
This may have something to do with a power management setting. When you get a message the device has to wake up a little before it plays the new message tone. I would suggest changing the notification tone to a longer one. This may help. This has happened to me every once and a while but not always. I have mine set to vibrate on this notification regardless and that def helps to get my attention. You could try disabling some of the power management settings in the registry one by one and see if any have an effect but you may notice a negative effect on battery life.
Thanks for the input. It's a great observation however this issue occurs even when the unit is fully awake. Just simply testing out the ring tones will yield this issue. If it only happened when the phone was asleep I would definitely think it was a power management bug. Now I wish it was so we could start diagnostics.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2