PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Speaker volume (quiet then loud) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80017)

shtewps 08-18-2009 08:19 PM

Speaker volume (quiet then loud)

Is anyone noticing that after the unit sits, the first sound is plays through the speaker (IE: a key tone) is very quiet. Right after the initial sound byte is played through the speaker it then gains the correct volume as in your volume settings.

I am having a bit of trouble hearing my email notification as it only beeps once. It is abnormally quiet despite my volume settings.

Can anyone confirm this? Try playing with the ring tone alerts, the first one may be really quiet and the subsequent tone will play as it should.

Armani G 08-18-2009 09:15 PM

Re: Speaker volume (quiet then loud)

yup happens to mine too odd

shtewps 08-18-2009 09:28 PM

thanks for confirming.. good to know im not alone on this one.

freebie 08-18-2009 11:39 PM

Same here, I also notice this when using the on screen dialer...weird.

TheBundo 08-19-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebie (Post 1109453)
Same here, I also notice this when using the on screen dialer...weird.

Since I still have a Mogul, I don't know if this issue was fixed already in the TP1, but does having the sounds for keypresses in the dialer cause a delay that goes away if you disable button-press sounds in the dialer?

freebie 08-19-2009 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 1109512)
Since I still have a Mogul, I don't know if this issue was fixed already in the TP1, but does having the sounds for keypresses in the dialer cause a delay that goes away if you disable button-press sounds in the dialer?

I think this is a differnt issue for the dialer...as stated in the intial 1st post the first "byte" is quiet and then all further "bytes" are heard at the current set volume. This becomes a problem for notifications for e-mail, text messages etc., which are usually single beeps or clicks. I guess we could change our notifications to sing a 5 min song and you would never miss a text again...or hope for a fix. lol

TheBundo 08-19-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebie (Post 1109567)
I think this is a differnt issue for the dialer...as stated in the intial 1st post the first "byte" is quiet and then all further "bytes" are heard at the current set volume. This becomes a problem for notifications for e-mail, text messages etc., which are usually single beeps or clicks. I guess we could change our notifications to sing a 5 min song and you would never miss a text again...or hope for a fix. lol

I understand, but it's sort of a closely related issue, with the dialer and sounds. Just wondering.........

horndoctor 08-19-2009 01:12 AM

This may have something to do with a power management setting. When you get a message the device has to wake up a little before it plays the new message tone. I would suggest changing the notification tone to a longer one. This may help. This has happened to me every once and a while but not always. I have mine set to vibrate on this notification regardless and that def helps to get my attention. You could try disabling some of the power management settings in the registry one by one and see if any have an effect but you may notice a negative effect on battery life.

glroze 08-19-2009 09:19 AM

It does the same thing when you play bubble breaker, sometimes the 'pop' sound will be very low in volume, then the next time it will play at normal volume.

shtewps 08-19-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1109580)
This may have something to do with a power management setting. When you get a message the device has to wake up a little before it plays the new message tone. I would suggest changing the notification tone to a longer one. This may help. This has happened to me every once and a while but not always. I have mine set to vibrate on this notification regardless and that def helps to get my attention. You could try disabling some of the power management settings in the registry one by one and see if any have an effect but you may notice a negative effect on battery life.

Thanks for the input. It's a great observation however this issue occurs even when the unit is fully awake. Just simply testing out the ring tones will yield this issue. If it only happened when the phone was asleep I would definitely think it was a power management bug. Now I wish it was so we could start diagnostics.