PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ***FIXED FIXED FIXED*** Re: Speaker volume (quiet then loud)

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal34 View Post
After copious searching, I came across this thread over on XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...15&postcount=1

This registry edit will fix the low ringer problem we have all been suffering with. I have tested multiple times and can attest to my TP2 finally being fixed. Your ringer should no longer ring low to high. This reghack will NOT fix the clicks and pops when you touch a button...only the low ringer problem.

Seems like the problem is that within [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Rin g] the value name "AttenuationCategory" is a String when it should be a DWORD. I have noticed within the keys InCall, InCall2 and InCall3 that this problem also exists. I have changed those strings to DWORD also, but don't know what they may have fixed.

I personally only changed the following:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Att enuation]
"5"=dword:00000001 -- Added
"4"=dword:00000001 -- Added
"3"=dword:00000001 -- Added
"2"=dword:00000001 -- Added
"1"=dword:00000001
"0"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Rin g]
"InitVol"=dword:00000005 -- Increased value data
"AttenuationCategory"=dword:00000004 -- Added
"AttenuationCategory"=string:4 -- **DELETED**

Don't for get to delete the String value name"AttenuationCategory" and create a new DWORD with the same value name.

Please post back your results.
Wow, I forgot all about that issue I had back when the phone was new. I am wondering if you are still on a Sprint stock ROM? I haven't had the issue since I unlocked and loaded up Mighty (or any other custom rom) once the unlocker was made available.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrogers1 View Post
Wow, I forgot all about that issue I had back when the phone was new. I am wondering if you are still on a Sprint stock ROM? I haven't had the issue since I unlocked and loaded up Mighty (or any other custom rom) once the unlocker was made available.

Nope....I'm actually running MM 121909, and this issue persisted. There are some running his 012010 that still have the problem also (based on responses in his thread). Probably the only thing I've hated about the TP2, until now.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

commander24 is a n00b

works on TP2 with stock vzn ROM. Many thanks.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

carlosruizano is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I noticed this low to high setting as soon as I got my Sprint TP2 3 weeks ago. I was just about to do a search for a fix to this cuz it is annoying. I am actually glad if this is a safety feature as far as ringtones go. But its damn annoying for everything else. I am growing to like it though, weird enough. I like it that when I slide out my keyboard it is not abnoxiously loud to my neighbors, and I dont worry about the speaker blowing out. The ONLY time it frusterates me is when i am on a call and decide to put the phone on speaker, it does the low to high thing and the callers voice is too low for me to hear the first thing they say. Happens everytime.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jrgolfpro is becoming a great contributor
Re: Speaker volume (quiet then loud)

So does that reg edit eliminate all occurrences of this low to high volume fade in? I actually don't mind it when I get an incoming call and the ringer starts going off so ideally I'd like to keep that. As for incoming texts and emails though eliminating the fade in would be great.... How does one go about fixing just those?
Old 02-25-2010, 03:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (CDMA)

thx1200 is a n00b
Re: Speaker volume (quiet then loud)

According to this: http://blogs.msdn.com/medmedia/archi...mentation.aspx

Why this would affect ringer volume doesn't make much sense, but if it does, it does! This attenuation registry key is mainly for "in-call" volume, so that seems to explain why it doesn't help with the fade-in for other sounds.

Jeez.

Anybody else had any luck figuring out how to disable this?

Man I swear it's crap like this that makes people hate Windows Mobile. This is something Microsoft NEVER planned and it seems to frustrate way more people than make people's lives easier. And can you imagine an average user tackling this?? Impossible! This is completely some dumb idea by some random dumb programmer at HTC who didn't like his ring-tone or media player starting out at normal volume.

And This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things. Microsoft is limiting what OEMs (and us) can do to Windows Phone 7 Series exactly for little modified nuances like this. Nobody can screw up the user experience if they won't let them. But at the same time, nobody can enhance it either.

Sorry for the rant, but these stupid little tiny issues that should just be a setting with an "on/off' switch really bug me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2