PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Auto capital "i" for email, sms, etc. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79956)

shtewps 08-18-2009 12:22 PM

Auto capital "i" for email, sms, etc.

Man, I cant seem to find this for the life of me. I had the tweak for the TP and I'm trying to locate it again for use on the TP2 (i'm assuming it will work).

Can anyone shed some light here?

CovKid66 08-18-2009 02:20 PM

Re: Auto capital "i" for email, sms, etc.

Only way I could get this to work was to turn on XT9 mode on the SIP keyboard. Unfortunately it does more than just capitalize your 'i's. It also does word suggestion / completion. Not sure that's really what you want.

shtewps 08-18-2009 02:58 PM

Ack, I would sacrifice a lower-case "I" to not have to deal with word suggestions. The TP has a tweak (I believe just a .cab) that corrects only the "i" every time it is typed. I need to scour my data for it.. but I'm not sure if I still have it.

MadlyAlive 08-18-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shtewps (Post 1108570)
Ack, I would sacrifice a lower-case "I" to not have to deal with word suggestions. The TP has a tweak (I believe just a .cab) that corrects only the "i" every time it is typed. I need to scour my data for it.. but I'm not sure if I still have it.

I don't think you need a cab for the TP. I never had an issue with the stock ROM or custom ROM's.

jessiethe3rd 08-19-2009 01:31 AM

Another minor irritation that I have too... If I could get somethat would JUST capitalize the I's it would be good enough (okay I's and first letter of a new word in a new sentence would be beautiful.)

bornskilled200 08-19-2009 02:55 AM

im pretty sure that if you use the supplement.cab from cliquick site (cause im lazy and dont want to find another one) which erases xt9 forever from your phone(until a flash) so that it uses the built in windows auto correction. and from there on you can just configure it how you like. link below

http://www.cliquick.com/sites/defaul...supplement.cab

shtewps 08-19-2009 10:47 AM

^ Thanks for the info, ill check that out. All I can say is that I remember this feature being in a .cab for the TP I'm going to see if I can find it today. It didnt interfere with T9 or suggestive words, all it did was capitalize your "i" every time it was typed alone.

TheRealHotshot 08-19-2009 11:31 AM

I think I have the cab your looking for but im on my phone send me a PM and I'll send it to you and you can see if its what your looking for.

CovKid66 08-19-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd (Post 1109606)
Another minor irritation that I have too... If I could get somethat would JUST capitalize the I's it would be good enough (okay I's and first letter of a new word in a new sentence would be beautiful.)

I'm pretty sure it already capitalizes the first letter of a new sentence e.g. anything after a period. I know this because it also capitalizes the first letter after you type a word wih a period in it e.g. "e.g." or "etc.". It's just the letter 'i' it fails to capitalize. However, this really is no different than it not adding the apostrophe in the word didnt e.g. didn't. This only happens when you switch to XT9 unfortunately. It's all grammar.

CovKid66 08-19-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shtewps (Post 1110029)
^ Thanks for the info, ill check that out. All I can say is that I remember this feature being in a .cab for the TP I'm going to see if I can find it today. It didnt interfere with T9 or suggestive words, all it did was capitalize your "i" every time it was typed alone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot (Post 1110112)
I think I have the cab your looking for but im on my phone send me a PM and I'll send it to you and you can see if its what your looking for.

If you have a cab to do this, please post it up for others to use. I'd really like to have this feature.