PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint users ditching the TP for the TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79940)

FlowingAway 08-18-2009 10:16 AM

Sprint users ditching the TP for the TP2

This post isn't for people due for an upgrade.

How are you planning on getting rid of your Touch Pro to get the Touch Pro 2? Ebay? Buying it outright? Calling retentions and having a fool proof story that leaves them no choice but to give you a Touch Pro 2 at heavily discounted prices? ;) I know that kind of thing used to work, heck it's how I got my Mogul and the original Touch. I was just wondering what people in the same boat as me are planning on doing.

jason25 08-18-2009 10:30 AM

Re: Sprint users ditching the TP for the TP2

The better question would be how many TP owners are switching to the TP2? Not I.

NIKKG 08-18-2009 10:31 AM

Won't insurance give you a TP2 if you lost or broke your old TP? Just wondering.

Young_breedent 08-18-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason25 (Post 1107997)
The better question would be how many TP owners are switching to the TP2? Not I.

No the question should be what he just asked with him being the OP. Why does everytime somebody start a thread talking about getting a TP2 people who say they don't want one are the first to post. If you don't want one then get out of the TP2 threads seriously. This is envy at it's prime you know you want the damn phone, and if someone bought if for you you know you would throw your touch pro in a second

Young_breedent 08-18-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIKKG (Post 1108000)
Won't insurance give you a TP2 if you lost or broke your old TP? Just wondering.

Not quite yet. They still have touch pros i stock so at least for a few months you will still recieve a touch pro.

jason25 08-18-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 1108003)
No the question should be what he just asked with him being the OP. Why does everytime somebody start a thread talking about getting a TP2 people who say they don't want one are the first to post. If you don't want one then get out of the TP2 threads seriously. This is envy at it's prime you know you want the damn phone, and if someone bought if for you you know you would throw your touch pro in a second

You are absolutely correct, if someone bought me one or one was given to me, then I would ditch my touch pro. However, I won't spend any money to get a bigger screen and 3.5mm jack. It just doesn't make sense to me. Of course there are things that other people might want out of the TP2, but it isn't for me.

FYI - The only time I get into the TP2 forum is when it is on the front page.

Young_breedent 08-18-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason25 (Post 1108026)
You are absolutely correct, if someone bought me one or one was given to me, then I would ditch my touch pro. However, I won't spend any money to get a bigger screen and 3.5mm jack. It just doesn't make sense to me. Of course there are things that other people might want out of the TP2, but it isn't for me.

FYI - The only time I get into the TP2 forum is when it is on the front page.

I got you man you are right i wouldn't want to pay the full price either but since i was able to squeeze and upgrade out of sprint a little early i will be picking my TP2 up the day it is releases or ordering through telesales

jason25 08-18-2009 10:51 AM

I am doing a really good job not wanting this. I usually get the new thing when it drops, but I now have a 7 month old and we are down to my income alone so I can't come up with a good enough reason to drop ~6 bills on this. Do you know how many diapers that is?!

My apologies to the OP for thread jacking.

kidmet 08-18-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlowingAway (Post 1107981)
This post isn't for people due for an upgrade.

How are you planning on getting rid of your Touch Pro to get the Touch Pro 2? Ebay? Buying it outright? Calling retentions and having a fool proof story that leaves them no choice but to give you a Touch Pro 2 at heavily discounted prices? ;) I know that kind of thing used to work, heck it's how I got my Mogul and the original Touch. I was just wondering what people in the same boat as me are planning on doing.

My keyboard is out. Hoping to score a new TP2 to replace. (This would be my 5th keyboard that went out)

FlowingAway 08-18-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason25 (Post 1108040)

My apologies to the OP for thread jacking.

No worries.

I emailed CS the other day pleading my case about the horrible battery life (I truly believe mine is worse than others) and sometimes my keyboard stops working as well as a few of the front face buttons. Their response was I could give them 100 dollars and get another Touch Pro, even though I specifically said in the email that these are issues that are widespread, not just my particular phone.

I'm thinking of calling retentions once the TP2 comes out and pleading my case again, although I don't want to get flagged as a repeat complainer/con artist just trying to get a new phone or something. I don't know how they view stuff like that, so I'm kind of on the fence about how to go about this.