PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 02:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

freakingwilly is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alternate Threaded SMS

I am trying to get the Palm 800w Threaded SMS working on the Touch Pro 2, but having a few problems. I'm not too fond of the default SMS program and I absolutely LOVED the 750v SMS app when I used it on my T-Mobile Wing (I even got MMS working on it ). The problem with the 750v on the TP2 is that when I try to compose a MMS message, I keep getting an "Out of Memory" error, regardless of how much memory is available. So, I did some searching and stumbled on the Palm 800w Threaded SMS application found HERE and gave it a whirl.

For the most part, it works, but it doesn't intercept SMS immediately. It can take several minutes before a message is actually received especially if the program is closed. Another thing that's really irritating is that the TouchFlo finger scroll (I think that's what it's called) does not work properly in the 800w program. When you swipe down in a conversation to go to previous messages, it immediately shoots you to the first message. Once you are at the first message, if you swipe up to go to newer messages, it only scrolls down 1 line and stops. The only way to reliably scroll through messages is to use the scroll bar... and a little part of me dies every time I do.

I've been able to come up with 2 fixes so far...

1.) Install only the 750v app and live without MMS
2.) Install the 750v app, then the 800w on top of it. This gives working MMS and perfect SMS interception.

So if anybody could offer some insight, I would greatly appreciate it... especially with the finger scroll issue. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP
Re: Alternate Threaded SMS

you are aware this app is warez right?

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Rick#2 is keeping up the good workRick#2 is keeping up the good work

I don't think it's "warez". It's been on PPC for months and the thread about it has 10 pages. No different than flashing a ROM with any other manufacturer's software added in.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick#2 View Post
I don't think it's "warez". It's been on PPC for months and the thread about it has 10 pages. No different than flashing a ROM with any other manufacturer's software added in.

I believe it is freeware not warez but i'm sorry i do not know how to get this working.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

freakingwilly is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstainHellbring View Post
you are aware this app is warez right?
Seeing as how the application originates from this forum (thanks to codyppc), I really don't think it would qualify as warez. If it did, this thread and the original would have been long gone... and since it was my first post, I'm pretty sure my user name would join them.

For now, I'm using the 750v threaded SMS because it's more reliable and TouchFlo friendly, but still looking into the whole "out of memory" error for MMS. This is the one thing I cannot solve especially since I have at least 4 times more free memory on this phone in comparison to my Wing (Wing had about 21MB free RAM, TP2 has at least 90MB free). Is it possible to have application specific settings for TouchFlo? There has to be a logical explanation as to why the finger scrolling in the 750v application works fine, but goofs up in the 800w.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
threaded sms touch pro 2