PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   "align screen" keeps poping up (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79931)

briggs 08-18-2009 09:25 AM

"align screen" keeps poping up

I don't know why but I keep having my algin screen thing pop up randomly when I take it out of my case or pocket.

What buttons bring this thing up?

CovKid66 08-18-2009 04:16 PM

Re: "align screen" keeps poping up

Wow, that just doesn't sound right. I don't recall ever reading about a key combination to get to the screen alignment. I'm guessing you've tried a soft reset. Did this start happening after you installed something perhaps? Worst case...hard reset to see if it is a software versus hardware issue...but see what others might offer up first I guess.

EDIT: Well I stand corrected because after googling the issue I saw some reports over at XDA of certain users having this problem when they pressed certain hard key combos...I think it was the Messaging key and one of the directional dpad keys. They were also using game emulators, so not sure if that added to the problem. Doesn't help you I know. I also read that it could be a defective keyboard issue!

Touch_Pete 09-05-2009 02:38 PM

I have had this happen several times while removing my TP2 from the case and it is real annoying as you can't do anything with the phone until you perform the screen alignment. I had it happen once while trying to answer the phone. and it wouldn't answer even when I pushed the green button. I ended up doing the alignment and then checking my missed calls to find out who to call back.

And actually I have never had it happen any other time so the keyboard has nothing to do with it as it was closed. ](*,)

bignadad 09-21-2009 04:46 PM

i am having this happen almost everyday. not sure how its initiating, but no matter how many times i go through align screen process it will not go back to windows. it just goes through align screen process over and over until i do a soft reset.

headshokfatty 09-21-2009 04:54 PM

I've also had it happen while in a call... I had the notes application up and tapped a number in on the soft keyboard, then put it back to my ear, and when the call was done I had align screen up. Was very annoying!

enyce9 09-21-2009 05:05 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

this has happened to me 3 times already, cant figure out y.

otterit 09-21-2009 05:07 PM

add me to the list. screen align keeps popping up. strange!

JokeZony0u 09-21-2009 05:28 PM

Hmm..did you all have it in a magnetic case before seeing the screen alignment?

headshokfatty 09-21-2009 05:34 PM

nope no magnetic case when mine did it

adam12 09-21-2009 05:35 PM

It has happened to me multiple times. I have a velcro case