PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: don't have one
Carrier: don't have one

Voltaire is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question for those with Telus

How exactly do you get deals on plans with Telus? I'm a Telus landline user and was going to purchase the HTC Touch Pro 2 and get rid of the landline. I was on the phone with a sales rep and told her I'm interested with the Smartphone 45 plan and was considering a 3 year contract. I asked if she'd be willing to throw in cid and vm for free to keep it at $45 plus taxes, sc, etc. She told me she wouldn't do it for the entire length of the contract and I couldn't get her to budge on it. Should I call again and hope I get a different sales rep, any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Zammer is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Zammer
Re: Question for those with Telus

I am not sure if they budge much. In my area (Edmonton area) most of the stores are private operated - just authorized retailers. Not actual Telus stores any more.

At least I got to keep my old plan after I lost my Vogue on the highway a couple weeks ago. (Ride Motorcycle...ooops)
Old 08-17-2009, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

keery458 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
How exactly do you get deals on plans with Telus? I'm a Telus landline user and was going to purchase the HTC Touch Pro 2 and get rid of the landline. I was on the phone with a sales rep and told her I'm interested with the Smartphone 45 plan and was considering a 3 year contract. I asked if she'd be willing to throw in cid and vm for free to keep it at $45 plus taxes, sc, etc. She told me she wouldn't do it for the entire length of the contract and I couldn't get her to budge on it. Should I call again and hope I get a different sales rep, any suggestions would be most appreciated.
1-877-279-3100
This is the LOYALTY Department, basically its customer relations. These guys are the last Dep, you would talk to in order for telus to be able to keep customers Satisfied, Call them up and they usually can throw in a thing or two. Hope it helps.CHeers.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lp_stealth is just getting started

Yes LOYALTY! I was fed up with telus when my razr 2 died 1 week after waranty ran out and they pretty much told me to pound sand. Called them up and they gave me CID, voicemail 10, unlimited texting for the 3 year term to re-sign. Along with a 75 dollar credit on my account.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

junkiee is just getting started

just call back and get another REP... I found the best ones that will deal are based in the montreal head office...

once thing to remember that the department mentioned is called "Loyalty and Retentions" if you're not an existing MOBILITY customer, there's usually nothing they will or can do for you. Telus' landline service and their mobility service are 2 completely different sides of the company and just because you have a landline, doesn't mean much.

One thing i will advise is not to tell them you will be cutting off your landline for the Cellular line; they can deal more with you if you have telus's landline service, and you will get more out of them with it. so after your cell is activated then cancel the landline; but don't let them know about it until you have activated your cell.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: don't have one
Carrier: don't have one
Threadstarter

Voltaire is a n00b

[QUOTE=junkiee;1107624]just call back and get another REP... I found the best ones that will deal are based in the montreal head office...

once thing to remember that the department mentioned is called "Loyalty and Retentions" if you're not an existing MOBILITY customer, there's usually nothing they will or can do for you. Telus' landline service and their mobility service are 2 completely different sides of the company and just because you have a landline, doesn't mean much.

One thing i will advise is not to tell them you will be cutting off your landline for the Cellular line; they can deal more with you if you have telus's landline service, and you will get more out of them with it. so after your cell is activated then cancel the landline; but don't let them know about it until you have activated your cell.[QUOTE]

He he he, thanks for the advice folks. The above sounds great but the only problem I have with it is I want to keep the phone number the same as the land line that I give up.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:10 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

the key to milking loyalty is to sign up for a 1 year contract when you first join. Then when it's coming up for renewal they will bend over backwards to keep you. tell them that you want to get an iphone, haha. It worked really well for me.

I've been with telus since 2004 and have gotten so much out of them through retention in the last two years it's unreal.

Here's my plan:

$17.30 EPP - 200 any time minutes, unlimited evenings & weeknds @ 6pm (discontinued offer)
$10 - unlimited incoming calls <-working on getting this one comped next.
$15 - UNLIMITED (no cap!) data. (also a discontinued offer)
$7.70 system access Fee & 911 fee
+caller ID loyalty (worth 7$/month)
+100 loyalty daytime minutes (worth 10$/month)
+100 loyalty long distance minutes (worth 15$/month)
+voicemail 10 loyalty (worth 10$/month)
+call forwarding loyalty (worth 3$/month)
+messaging 250 - loyalty (worth 10$/month)
= 55$/month in free loyalty services

total = $50/month + tax

I found they were willing to give me alot more after I went over my limit and had some overage charges for a couple of months (100- 140$ bills)

Last edited by briggs; 08-18-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

junkiee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
He he he, thanks for the advice folks. The above sounds great but the only problem I have with it is I want to keep the phone number the same as the land line that I give up.
that's fine, once the cell is activated, port your number over, just means you'll have a temporary number on your cell until you port over the landline #.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2