PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: t-mobile

dsmnando is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Start menu

Originally I saw on a youtube vid of noah from phonedog.com doing a presentation of the touchpro2 unlocked from europe im assuming? Well anyway, He said he had a rom from xda developers where when he would hit the start button instead of taking you to the traditional drop down menu it would bring you to the tf3d programs list. I have the new t-mobile tp2 and was wondering how we could do that to our phones? I'm still a noob when it comes to roms but from what ive gathered there isnt a hardspl for the tp2 yet in order to flash roms yet but how did he do it? in any case is there a registry tweak or cab file that could do this for our phones?
p.s. I tried looking on the forums and older threads but couldnt find anything for this in refrence towards the tp2.

Thanks again!!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus
Carrier: Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff
Re: Start menu

from my knowledge if your phone is with t-mobile, it's a gsm phone. You should be able to flash roms which are compatible with t-mobile over from XDA.

Don't take my word, i could be wrong.

"True knowledge exists in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:47 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmnando View Post
Originally I saw on a youtube vid of noah from phonedog.com doing a presentation of the touchpro2 unlocked from europe im assuming? Well anyway, He said he had a rom from xda developers where when he would hit the start button instead of taking you to the traditional drop down menu it would bring you to the tf3d programs list. I have the new t-mobile tp2 and was wondering how we could do that to our phones? I'm still a noob when it comes to roms but from what ive gathered there isnt a hardspl for the tp2 yet in order to flash roms yet but how did he do it? in any case is there a registry tweak or cab file that could do this for our phones?
p.s. I tried looking on the forums and older threads but couldnt find anything for this in refrence towards the tp2.

Thanks again!!
There are no custom ROMs for the TP2 as yet as there is no unlocker at this time. I know that with the Telus TP2, TF3D is enabled by default, and when you tap the start icon a TF3D programs screen appears, and not the traditional drop down.

Do you have TF3D enabled? If so and a drop down start menu appears, then it must be specific to the WM build with your carrier.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dsmnando is a n00b

yes tf3d is enabled. with tmobile tf3d is enabled but when you click the start menu, the traditional start menu drops down not the one from the programs tab in tf3d. very strange

Thanks for the info though

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
There are no custom ROMs for the TP2 as yet as there is no unlocker at this time. I know that with the Telus TP2, TF3D is enabled by default, and when you tap the start icon a TF3D programs screen appears, and not the traditional drop down.

Do you have TF3D enabled? If so and a drop down start menu appears, then it must be specific to the WM build with your carrier.

Last edited by dsmnando; 08-17-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:18 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

nrgz has a rom for tp2, well soon to be

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=547794
Old 08-17-2009, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

junkiee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmnando View Post
yes tf3d is enabled. with tmobile tf3d is enabled but when you click the start menu, the traditional start menu drops down not the one from the programs tab in tf3d. very strange

Thanks for the info though
Do you have a custom taskbar loaded? I can't remember which one O used first, but it disabled the programs menu, and went back to the traditional start menu, once the cab was removed I have my programs shortcut screen back.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't think it's taking you to the programs tab per se (in the video or whatever it was you saw). I've seen a version of touchflo with HTC's own start menu. I thought this was in all the versions of the TP2, but maybe not...
Old 08-18-2009, 02:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by izuzu View Post
from my knowledge if your phone is with t-mobile, it's a gsm phone. You should be able to flash roms which are compatible with t-mobile over from XDA.

Don't take my word, i could be wrong.
Be careful, there may be a difference between ROM's to Euro T-Mobile and USA TMo.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW) -> HTC Touch Pro 2 (VZW)
Carrier: VZW

aaronvlee is keeping up the good workaaronvlee is keeping up the good work

you don't need a rom, it's a rhdium manila cab on xda...I'll see if I can find it (just had to, comes with XBoxMod's TF3D2 package)
Old 08-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dsmnando is a n00b

Ill try looking too. thanks again everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronvlee View Post
you don't need a rom, it's a rhdium manila cab on xda...I'll see if I can find it (just had to, comes with XBoxMod's TF3D2 package)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2