PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Start menu (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79879)

dsmnando 08-17-2009 09:10 PM

Start menu

Originally I saw on a youtube vid of noah from phonedog.com doing a presentation of the touchpro2 unlocked from europe im assuming? Well anyway, He said he had a rom from xda developers where when he would hit the start button instead of taking you to the traditional drop down menu it would bring you to the tf3d programs list. I have the new t-mobile tp2 and was wondering how we could do that to our phones? I'm still a noob when it comes to roms but from what ive gathered there isnt a hardspl for the tp2 yet in order to flash roms yet but how did he do it? in any case is there a registry tweak or cab file that could do this for our phones?
p.s. I tried looking on the forums and older threads but couldnt find anything for this in refrence towards the tp2.

Thanks again!!

izuzu 08-17-2009 09:20 PM

Re: Start menu

from my knowledge if your phone is with t-mobile, it's a gsm phone. You should be able to flash roms which are compatible with t-mobile over from XDA.

Don't take my word, i could be wrong.

CovKid66 08-17-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsmnando (Post 1107261)
Originally I saw on a youtube vid of noah from phonedog.com doing a presentation of the touchpro2 unlocked from europe im assuming? Well anyway, He said he had a rom from xda developers where when he would hit the start button instead of taking you to the traditional drop down menu it would bring you to the tf3d programs list. I have the new t-mobile tp2 and was wondering how we could do that to our phones? I'm still a noob when it comes to roms but from what ive gathered there isnt a hardspl for the tp2 yet in order to flash roms yet but how did he do it? in any case is there a registry tweak or cab file that could do this for our phones?
p.s. I tried looking on the forums and older threads but couldnt find anything for this in refrence towards the tp2.

Thanks again!!

There are no custom ROMs for the TP2 as yet as there is no unlocker at this time. I know that with the Telus TP2, TF3D is enabled by default, and when you tap the start icon a TF3D programs screen appears, and not the traditional drop down.

Do you have TF3D enabled? If so and a drop down start menu appears, then it must be specific to the WM build with your carrier.

dsmnando 08-17-2009 09:58 PM

yes tf3d is enabled. with tmobile tf3d is enabled but when you click the start menu, the traditional start menu drops down not the one from the programs tab in tf3d. very strange

Thanks for the info though

Quote:

Originally Posted by CovKid66 (Post 1107344)
There are no custom ROMs for the TP2 as yet as there is no unlocker at this time. I know that with the Telus TP2, TF3D is enabled by default, and when you tap the start icon a TF3D programs screen appears, and not the traditional drop down.

Do you have TF3D enabled? If so and a drop down start menu appears, then it must be specific to the WM build with your carrier.

Mr.KLeen 08-17-2009 10:18 PM

nrgz has a rom for tp2, well soon to be

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=547794

junkiee 08-17-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsmnando (Post 1107360)
yes tf3d is enabled. with tmobile tf3d is enabled but when you click the start menu, the traditional start menu drops down not the one from the programs tab in tf3d. very strange

Thanks for the info though

Do you have a custom taskbar loaded? I can't remember which one O used first, but it disabled the programs menu, and went back to the traditional start menu, once the cab was removed I have my programs shortcut screen back.

slopokdave 08-18-2009 12:01 AM

I don't think it's taking you to the programs tab per se (in the video or whatever it was you saw). I've seen a version of touchflo with HTC's own start menu. I thought this was in all the versions of the TP2, but maybe not...

TheBundo 08-18-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by izuzu (Post 1107288)
from my knowledge if your phone is with t-mobile, it's a gsm phone. You should be able to flash roms which are compatible with t-mobile over from XDA.

Don't take my word, i could be wrong.

Be careful, there may be a difference between ROM's to Euro T-Mobile and USA TMo.

aaronvlee 08-18-2009 12:31 PM

you don't need a rom, it's a rhdium manila cab on xda...I'll see if I can find it (just had to, comes with XBoxMod's TF3D2 package)

dsmnando 08-18-2009 03:13 PM

Ill try looking too. thanks again everyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronvlee (Post 1108226)
you don't need a rom, it's a rhdium manila cab on xda...I'll see if I can find it (just had to, comes with XBoxMod's TF3D2 package)