PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Notification screen brought up when talking on the phone? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79747)

andsoitgoes 08-16-2009 11:28 PM

Notification screen brought up when talking on the phone?

Okay, this is strange but it keeps happening.

I'll answer a call, start talking and then when I pull away, the light sensor kicks in and the screen comes back, but the "Notification" window is open. The light sensor is working, I can see that it turns off once it's against my head.

This happens regularly, but not constantly. Is my ear just so fat it's hitting the "Notification" bar too quickly when I put it against my head, prior to the sensor turning off?

Any thoughts on how to fix this? That stupid notification area pains me sometimes!

junkiee 08-17-2009 02:00 AM

Re: Notification screen brought up when talking on the phone?

first off, it's not the light sensor that is turning off the screen, it's a proximity sensor in the top left corner. second, the reason why it's doing it (and am only guessing) is that you are bringing the phone to your head before the phone makes a connection to the tower (it vibrates once it does if it set to do so) and the proximity sensor doesn't start doing it's job until the phone call has been initiated.

Try waiting for the connection to be made then put the phone to your head; bets are that the problem goes away.

andsoitgoes 08-17-2009 02:11 AM

I apologize, yes, the proximity sensor.

I tried later to keep it away until much past the initial connection of the call, holding the phone away and putting it back against.

The last time was a few hours ago and it still did the same thing, even after keeping it away for some time, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

junkiee 08-17-2009 02:17 AM

I had the same problem, and that's what I found to be the problem... now if it's going back to the home screen like some people have mentioned, had that problem too and it's related to software installed on the phone; can't say which cab was doing it for me, but after a hard reset, I haven't had that problem anymore...

jessiethe3rd 08-19-2009 01:42 AM

That problem with the phone going from dialer to home screen about drove me up the wall. I hard reset and reloaded everything... it was a pain in the arse but worth it - I hate doing a bunch of extra things that aren't necessary. The software conflict I as having was with one of the curtain installers - did you install any curtain software to make the today screen transparent?

andsoitgoes 08-19-2009 03:16 AM

Just to let everyone know, the hard reset did not solve the problem. my phone has never been running faster but it happened again this evening. Sigh.

No curtain changers were installed though.

slaman 08-19-2009 09:32 AM

I noticed that the notification screen pops up when the other party hangs up first. Highly annoying...