PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 12:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Video Recording On TP2

Getting a Class 6 is crucial for video
Old 08-17-2009, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ranmasaotome510 is just getting started

mighty have u tried tweaking with the cameras recording registrys to change the FPS to something like 23fps, I kno its possible, ive done it befor with my titan, sept it was only able to record at QIF resolution, which was like 388x2?? or something.

Maybe you can change the resolution recording max to 800x480
Old 08-17-2009, 01:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranmasaotome510 View Post
mighty have u tried tweaking with the cameras recording registrys to change the FPS to something like 23fps, I kno its possible, ive done it befor with my titan, sept it was only able to record at QIF resolution, which was like 388x2?? or something.

Maybe you can change the resolution recording max to 800x480
I remember that tweak, never did it, but it should work better on a TP or TP2
Old 04-05-2010, 05:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

this is a bit long of a description, but I figured this should help find a solution to wthis problem.

Ok people, I searched, and this thread is the ONLY relevant one to respond towards. I am suddenly having the same exact problem the thread starter in here has. My video has always worked fine. Today, I have started having problems with it. I went to record some video< and suddenly it stopped recording at 1:03. Keep in mind I am saving to the card and have nearly 5GB free. Anyway, after it stopped recording, the 10 second review time went by and I started recording again. When I pressed record, it locked up. The image on the screen stayed the same and button presses were non functional. I held the power button down to shut it off. Slow it did so. But when I went to power it back on, that backlight notification with the green arrow popped up in the top left corner. Pressing it did nothing. I still could not turn it on, so I pulled the battery. Finally restarted after replacing battery. Go to check out the last video that recorded, there was a 0 byte file. WTF? So I go to record again, after 3 min 26 seconds it stopped on it's own AGAIN. Checked the file in explorer, 18 MB. Tried to play it in all sorts of programs...... NOPE, says corrupt or invalid file format. So..... I go to check the advanced settings and make sure it's set to the storage card, sure enough. Time limit is off. Go back to video, hit record.... FREEZES up AGAIN. Had to pull the battery again. On this last reboot, I scanned through the files and settings. Went back to camera and changed it to save on internal memory. Went back to record video. Manually stopped it at 8 seconds and then made sure it would play back, sure does. Started recording onto the storage card again. Mad a test video and manually stopped it at 37 seconds. It played back. Did another, dumb thing once again stopped on it's own at 3 second. however, the video was not corrupt. Recorded 2 more videos, each at 1:42 and 21 respectively. Played back fine. Oh and BTW, I haven't been getting any txt messages as of lately today, so that obviously wasn't the cause.

Can someone give me an idea of what is going on here? I have NEVER had any sort of problems with the camera up until now. I always record vids and take pics, and I only ever had one problem with the 100MEDIA folder vanishing from HTC Browser to where I could not see the files in it, but COULD be seen when I was viewing through my PC. I fixed that 2 months ago. This appears totally different.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

Nobody with any ideas on this one?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: about to buy an HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sun cellular

marvdmartian is a n00b

hello..

i have a sprint touch pro 2.
i used to have the stock sprint wm6.5 rom installed. and it used to take okay-quality videos.
yesterday, i flashed energy rom, and since then, the quality is so bad. i use the same format (mp4 VGA), but the one on the energyrom is bad. a 10 second video on the sprint rom is around 1+mb.. on energyrom, it's only around 200kb. whats wrong with this?

thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2