PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 04:28 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Re: Anyone going to pass on the tp2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
im waiting, looking at hero. dont wanna bigger version of the tp. imo, same phone.
My feelings exactly, I have my money all ready to buy the Sprint Hero on day 1. & then some (ie. Dock, apps, latest biggest class 6 SDHC card etc.)

I'll go Windows Mobile again once a device built for version 7 comes to Sprint...
Old 08-14-2009, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Ranchosteve is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Ranchosteve

Life is short, why not treat your self when reasonably possible. It's already hard enough for me to read ppcgeeks forums with out my Tp2. There are very few thing paying good money for and a cell phone is one of them IMHO, Since I have it with me at all times, and do so much with it. Don't forget also that if you sell your previous phone your getting some money back from that, That's the way i see it.

I came from the TP then went to the diamond due to size and the same screen. But now my 4gb is filled and I want more space.

I want to get the tp2 asap, just cause it looks so sexy and practical. I know that wm7 is "around the corner" but who really know when a wm7 will be release to be used in our hands, 6.5 isn't even out here in the US.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Not a chance. SERO users get to upgrade every 12 months.
How is that so?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Banned User

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
im waiting, looking at hero. dont wanna bigger version of the tp. imo, same phone.

Exaclty. All its doing with the gigantic screen is showing off how much the 3d drivers are needed.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
I'll pass.... Kinda bummed that its gonna be a dead end since wm7 is around the corner and all the devices up to date won't be able to run it since the processors are way too weak and no multitouch capacitive screen

I'll hold out for the Leo if I'm going to consider winmo again
Another good reason besides the missing 3d driver fiasco still there.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchosteve View Post
Life is short, why not treat your self when reasonably possible. It's already hard enough for me to read ppcgeeks forums with out my Tp2. There are very few thing paying good money for and a cell phone is one of them IMHO, Since I have it with me at all times, and do so much with it. Don't forget also that if you sell your previous phone your getting some money back from that, That's the way i see it.

I came from the TP then went to the diamond due to size and the same screen. But now my 4gb is filled and I want more space.

I want to get the tp2 asap, just cause it looks so sexy and practical. I know that wm7 is "around the corner" but who really know when a wm7 will be release to be used in our hands, 6.5 isn't even out here in the US.
Good points.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Qomolangma is just getting started

I won't be getting it. Paying that much for an older processor and the same amount of memory can't be justified. Sure the screen is gorgeous and the keyboard is spectacular but I feel like that's all you're gonna get, especially if Sprint follows T-Mobile's lead and sells it for an outrageous price. I am happy with my Touch Pro, and will gladly pass up the TP2 and await the Hero.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
How is that so?
because premier members get 'em every 12 months i think.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: The Trilogy

cooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to cooltech59

Quote:
I'll 2nd that. There are really no drastic or impressive changes. It will take more than just a change in the keyboard and screen to make it worth the price plus 2 more years.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
My feelings exactly, I have my money all ready to buy the Sprint Hero on day 1. & then some (ie. Dock, apps, latest biggest class 6 SDHC card etc.)

I'll go Windows Mobile again once a device built for version 7 comes to Sprint...

I hope you and your money will be ready to be let down with the hero.First android phone is going to be full of bugs and from what i read slow as heck so ill be happy with my larger screen on my pro 2 and then read and listen to all the people asking when is the hero coming then crying about had bad it is.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2