PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 04:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone going to pass on the tp2?

My Mogul doesn't have a CTRL key, so I guess I can't miss that, and I must already use the arrow keys for Tab, becuase I just had to look to verify that it even had one.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:21 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

I'm waiting for Verizon to finally release the TP2... which I will get (I've had the Apache, Titan, and now Touch Pro), but if a Samsung Omnia Pro 2 comes out (Omnia 2 looks awesome, but I need a keyboard!), then I will trade my TP2. But no, I won't pass on the TP2. Why would I do that?? If you can't afford to buy it, then don't buy it, but don't pretend to take a stand and say you want to wait another year before the next phone is out, or huff and puff and say it's too expensive. You want the best, you gotta pay for it!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
I'm waiting for Verizon to finally release the TP2... which I will get (I've had the Apache, Titan, and now Touch Pro), but if a Samsung Omnia Pro 2 comes out (Omnia 2 looks awesome, but I need a keyboard!), then I will trade my TP2. But no, I won't pass on the TP2. Why would I do that?? If you can't afford to buy it, then don't buy it, but don't pretend to take a stand and say you want to wait another year before the next phone is out, or huff and puff and say it's too expensive. You want the best, you gotta pay for it!
I agree with everything you said except for the Omnia part lol IMO the TP2 is a better phone and i don't care what u tell me lol
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 09-08-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

five40 is just getting started

I'm passing.
The display is larger than my Pre but the Pre's display is so much nicer than the TP2.
I can never go back to using a Winmo device the WebOS is so much richer/nicer, I dont miss my TP1 one bit. Anybody wanna purchase ny TP1 drop me a pm
Old 09-08-2009, 06:03 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

there is no way i could pass on it, at first i was gonna cause i was naieve and didnt think it was much of a upgrade, but wow ow wow was i wrong, i even left sprint for tmobile just to get this bad boy, and its night and day over the original pro its not even funny, battery alone was enough to make me wanna switch, and lets just say the battery is almost 3 times that of the tp1, so answer is

no, i didnt pass on this bad boy, im sure sprints will be just as great, i recommend getting one,
Old 09-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
im sure sprints will be just as great, i recommend getting one,
i'll get one alright, as soon as they run out of tp1s! just read the article over at xda with people talking about dead pixels and they had theirs since june.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:12 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
i'll get one alright, as soon as they run out of tp1s! just read the article over at xda with people talking about dead pixels and they had theirs since june.
dead pixels vs every month having a dead keyboard :think ill vote possible having dead pixels....
Old 09-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

true but kinda backs up what i've been saying about htc is all. the 1st batch of tps were bad. i wouldn't expect anything different!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hard to believe I read all 11 pages of this. I guess I am destined to get this phone.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've been going back and forth re tp2, but having to pay full price since no upgrade for me is the real clincher. My reality is cost cutting right now anyway. Also, I'm sorely addicted to the dpad as I found out when I used a "touch hd" for a few months. And get this, but I'm lovin' that magnetic stylus. Fantastic idea. Makes it so easy to use.
From what I've been hearing in various forums the tp2 comes with some similar issues as the tp1. Nothing that can't be tweaked out tho. The screen,speaker,and more spacious kb is the real deal for me, otherwise imo it is way to similar to the tp1. My sprint touch pro is working very well for me for now. Finally got most of it's bugs worked out. Half the fun of winmo tho, right?? Tweaking,tweaking some more and so on and so forth. If I didn't love it, I'd just get an eye phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2