PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 11:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
Re: Anybody try Slingplayer yet?

I think you guys need to make sure that you have the most up to date firmware for the Slingbox itself. This could be the issue with many of the picture resolutions that you all are describing. Sling has been doing a fantastic job of adding other devices. If the Sling is now compatible to the Iphone, I don't see why WQVA and other resolutions are a problem.. Most Slingbox's come with the standard firmware. i would make certain it's up to date..
Old 08-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3terpan View Post
Bought a tmobile tp2 just a mess around with it for 14 days.

The slingplayer works great. When in fullscreen mode it does not fill p the entire screen; about 3/4th is filled up with the rest black.

I just got out of a beta program not to long ago and the software was suppose to fit the big screen like the TP2 and the Xperia X1, but seeing is believing... I'm sure that Slingmedia will becoming out with a fix soon
Old 08-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

How are the frame rate? Also if I understand this correctly, the hardware is identical to the original TP, which has the video performance/frame rate problem...

Did TP2 fixed it? Or it's just the same old stuff?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by garberfc View Post
Same situation with the Hava player. Any news on WVGA support?
pls check your PM- I'm dying to now how you got hava working in landscape mode- I can only get it to stream in portrait - I thought up to now that this was a serious limitation of hava's mobile client. thanks
Old 09-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have no problem with the picture on slingbox but it is the old touch pro screen so now it looks really small unless in landscape mode.

I called them up but you know who you talk to.Someone who speaks less english then my 2 year old Grandaughter.

He said he had no clue and tried to give me some url to look at.But if they support the Iphone then we should get a larger screen right?

Anyway call them up and let them know like i did we need a update for the touch pro 2.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

R2D2 631 is keeping up the good workR2D2 631 is keeping up the good work

I noticed that I cant turn on cable box in the slingplayer mobile..i dont know why..but my sling mobile does play if the cable box is on...this nevered happened to me before.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjv631 View Post
I noticed that I cant turn on cable box in the slingplayer mobile..i dont know why..but my sling mobile does play if the cable box is on...this nevered happened to me before.
You might want to check your I/R cables or where it actually hooks into to the slingbox. I just had to take mines apart the other day when I couldn't get the channels to change either.

Edit: which slingbox are you using?

Old 09-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well i hope they add the touch pro 2 and send us a update cause the screen looks really small on it LOL.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

R2D2 631 is keeping up the good workR2D2 631 is keeping up the good work
Talking Re: Anybody try Slingplayer yet?

haha..thanxs for the reminder...i just checked my cable box and yup there it was..my I/R cables were not properly in place..sling is all good now
Old 09-10-2009, 09:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ive had my slingbox hooked up and it seems to be working fine. Picture could be a lil bigger but its not too too bad.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2