PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   My impression of T-Mobile and their TP2 Wednesday (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79185)

TheBundo 08-13-2009 03:29 AM

My impression of T-Mobile and their TP2 Wednesday

I was running REAL late to work today (self-employed, but that doesn't excuse blatant abrogation of duty. I knew the Silver Creek (San Jose) T-Mobile store had the TP2's in, but I didn't hit the road when I should have, so was fighting a HUGE mental battle whether to look at it or not. As a SERO plan member, there is NO WAY I'm leaving Sprint for T-Mobile, but I had ANTS IN MY PANTS to see it, especially since I have never even played with a TP1 or an iPhone. I love my Mogul, and have shown up quite a few iPhones (before the latest version, never looked at the screen of the latest, though I've been in their presense).

So I walk in, and the guy that looks like the boss is helping a woman who wants to upgrade, but didn't bring her ID. So after spotting the TP2, and seeing it is a "dummy" phone, I catch him while not talking and ask if he has a working model. He says, "yes, it will just be a minute, it's in 'the back'". At one point, while growing increasingly frustrated with the lady who insists on upgrading without ID, he excuses himself, walks into the back, comes back, but doesn't flag me over. That irritates me, and I guess he sees both that fact, and that I'm a businessman, and he says "Here, it's mine, the theme isn't what it comes with". That tells me he's had it a while. When he finished with the lady, he told me he has had it for about a month.

NOW, for my impressions of the phone, and T-Mobile: I LIKED the phone, and the Touch Flo, but that was my very first taste of Touch Flo. I decided to wait on getting the TP1 until the NEW wore off, and problems started surfacing. And surface they did. Having already gotten my Mogul working perfectly, I saw no need to go through that again (so soon), so I never even looked at one. Why bother, time is money, and I no more get my kicks out of being the guy with the latest problem-plagued toy than being the retard who drives around with his parking lights on because he thinks it makes him "cool", when everyone else thinks it makes him look like the doofus who forgets to turn his lights on when it gets dark, because the parking lights make his dash lights looks the same as it would if he had his headlights on (that's why it's illegal to drive around with your parking lights on).

I did like the TF, and the TP2. However, T-Mobile sucked, as it took about 2 minutes to load any page, from his default, to Yahoo, to a YouTube video. The mgr. assured me, that at "his house", he has "5 bars". I forgot to ask him how much it would be to rent a room there LOL

So, I can't tell you about the browser issues at all. No data reception to speak of at the T-Mobile store itself, in a populated area of a city with almost 1 million people. The build quality seemed good enough, maybe slightly worse as far as seam even-ness than my old beat up Mogul, but no biggie. Fingerprint magnet, for sure.

Can't think of everything, tired, and a little buzzed. Questions?

Alksion 08-13-2009 07:49 AM

Re: My impression of T-Mobile and their TP2 Wednesday

Good stuff, I too was debating but had to do other things. Today I am going in though to check this sucker out. It's funny how you still have the mogul because I too had it up till June of this year. Honestly I miss my hard ok button and windows button. I'm tired of my TP overheating and my KB going out. I am am on my third TP in 2 months haha. So I can see why you like the mogul so much, but the sensitivity on the screen killed me.

Noir 08-13-2009 08:27 AM

my sister and brother will be getting the phone at subsidized price. That being said I saw bonnie cha review it and it wasn't a bad review but i have to say the keyboard looked...off in comparison to other models. I am happy the t mobile version doesn't have a bevel and when the phone is hardspled, custom roms a go go

Cicatrize 08-13-2009 01:25 PM

Since the TP2 is coming out soon, it's a moot point, but you could have upgraded to the TP1, lol. Sure, there are a few issues, but I still think my TP is miles and miles ahead of what my old Mogul or Touch ever were.

Thanks for the first impressions. T-Mobile does suck...so I guess we just have to wait until we can test the TP2 on a real grown-up network. :)

TheBundo 08-13-2009 05:11 PM

BTW, The T-Mobile version the mgr had did have a hard CTRL button on the keyboard