PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: telus

lecet444 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
apps

okk....soo i just got the TP2
and i want similar apps to iphone
such as shazaam (which i got)
the thing is i cant find actual apps, unless i know by name on internet
what apps are great (cool) such as shazaam, also mytoronto traffic (cant find it for windows)
where can i get those

and also quick question....does the TP2 have gps reciever or uses cell tower....if reciever, how come doesnt work while ur on the phone

thank you
Old 08-10-2009, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DESIRE HD
Carrier: Telus

vakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecet444 View Post
and also quick question....does the TP2 have gps reciever or uses cell tower....if reciever, how come doesnt work while ur on the phone
Yes it does have a GPS receiver.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:04 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

tp apps will work also, check our forum.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: telus
Threadstarter

lecet444 is a n00b

if it has a gps reciever...why does it not work when i dont have cellphone signal.......(i did the gps fix with qpst)
Old 08-11-2009, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

vakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecet444 View Post
if it has a gps reciever...why does it not work when i dont have cellphone signal.......(i did the gps fix with qpst)
I installed IGO on my TP2 and it detects 9-11 satellite (sometimes even more) and I can see their position in IGO. A-GPS cannot give satellites position

I tried my TP2 in the middle of nowhere (no signal) and the GPS was working great ! Try to disable the assisted gps in advanced config app.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Please be reminded that this is not an iPhone and that there are no 'apps'.

An application has to be specifically designed for WM and just because the iPhone has it, doesn't imply that every other mobile OS does as well. The reverse is also true.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365

is that phone on a cdma network? if it is, cdma will only allow one data connection at a time, and therefore you cannot do those things simultaniously....i think...

Cheers,

Matt
Old 08-11-2009, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
is that phone on a cdma network? if it is, cdma will only allow one data connection at a time, and therefore you cannot do those things simultaniously....i think...

Cheers,

Matt
You're right. CDMA has his disadvantages. Good thing that Telus' TP2 is a worldwide edition
Old 08-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Shaska is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakbrain View Post
You're right. CDMA has his disadvantages. Good thing that Telus' TP2 is a worldwide edition
Not entirely correct from my understanding.

CDMA (EVDO) networks only allow either voice or data at a time through the CDMA radio. But, the GPS system does not in any way require a CDMA connection to function, Its a different chipset (radio) and therefore is not hindered by the restrictions of EVDO networks.

I agree with the tip to try turning off the Assisted GPS system, Because thats the only part that requires a cell signal. The GPS may be slower, and a little less accurate, But it should work. If that still doesn't work, You got yourself a defective GPS chip my friend.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post

Cheers,

Matt
I'm not sure. What about when you browsing, and email comes in and downloads. Those 2 things are happening simultaneously, right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2