PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Weather in the Calender and Contacts on Home screen. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79035)

Tweak_four17 08-12-2009 05:11 AM

Weather in the Calender and Contacts on Home screen.

Hello, got my HTC Touch pro 2 yesterday and so far am loving it, browsed through the threads here and tweaked my phone up a bit (more tabs in Opera, disabled annoying lockscreen ect..) Anyways, before I bought this phone I watched a couple of video reviews on youtube and one of them shows the weather for the day displayed in the calender for that day..mine doesn't do that, did telus take that feature out or is there a setting someplace I need to enable? Also, is it possible to have a contacts drop down button on the home screen under the Call Log and Calender buttons?

Thanks
-Tweak

jmcourir 08-12-2009 10:45 AM

Re: Weather in the Calender and Contacts on Home screen.

Hi
Sometimes I see in calendar the weather but not all the time. It seems to depend of something I don't know.

Have a great day !

leanne 08-12-2009 12:55 PM

You need to make sure you have your city added to the world clock. That will allow weather on the calendar tabs.

Tweak_four17 08-13-2009 12:20 AM

Thanks that did the trick, except now it thikns my city is in the wrong time zone and adjusts the clock accordingly..kinda annoying..did I do something wrong when I added it to the weather database ?

trekkie34 08-13-2009 10:41 PM

I have the same problem.

leanne 08-13-2009 11:04 PM

when i added my city in the custom weather database editor, i edited another city in the right timezome instead of doing a new one. my timezone is right !!

trekkie34 08-13-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leanne (Post 1100272)
when i added my city in the custom weather database editor, i edited another city in the right timezome instead of doing a new one. my timezone is right !!

How did you do that?

leanne 08-13-2009 11:50 PM

Use the custom weather database editor program, select your country, then select a city near you and edit it rather than create an entry for a new city.

trekkie34 08-14-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leanne (Post 1100355)
Use the custom weather database editor program, select your country, then select a city near you and edit it rather than create an entry for a new city.

Thank You! Worked.

trekkie34 08-14-2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leanne (Post 1100355)

Good Bye Calgary Hello Ft.McMurray!!!