PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Carrier: Sprint

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: is tmobile out of their mind?

I checked out the gps on telenav and google maps and I couldn't get it to lock in at all. I was in a full coverage 3g area so I don't know what's up with that. The rep said it won't lock inside. My diamond and pre lock instantly inside so I am guessing there is a flaw either within the phone or tmobile so called 3g coverage.

My experience having tmobile for years before sprint was they have pretty solid coverage but it is very spotty and getting 3g is not going to be easy. I also had problems around any water where the phone would never hold a signal and keep dropping. I don't know if gsm has gotten better since then but that is my opinion of tmobile. I would wait for the sprint one. the plans are cheaper and nothing holds a candle to EVDO service. Tmobile will never catch up. We are moving to 4g with sprint and tmobile is just getting 3g. That says it all.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:03 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

in this thread someone was saying sprint better put out a tp2 relese date? they did, google it. i forget exact date cause i dont cre about the tp2 but its sept.6th or 9th. im sure people can wait till then to get a ppc thats almost the same as tp they got now. as for the t-mobile gps, i just played with one for a hour and it worked perfect once it was configured and on a data plan and activated.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:11 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
I just checked the tmobile site for 3g coverage, and if its right (entered my address) it shows me surrounded in only 3g coverage, it doesnt even show edge anywhere on the map... I live in a pretty large city (portland Oregon to be exact) so i think ill get great 3g service.... Imma go to tmobile now to check out their pro2, if i like it and things are at the right price i.e. deposite, im in on it i will switch next week at payday in a second, this sob for sprint has been rumored since june lol, well tmobile has no rumores, its here guys, and if sprint dont hurry up, Ill be rocking a pro2 reading all the so called rumores in here..... peace
Yeah, I just looked at Portland. Looks like you're one of the very few US cities that have this coverage. As long as you don't travel, go for it.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

some of you might have read this but i'm rocking a 9" screen with my tp1. i'll wait for the touch pro6!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:34 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yea, here in Portland 3g is good. And I dont travel at all.... Also I used gps at the tmoble store inside and got a lock in about 10 sec... so the tp2 was good on that.... The thing is sweet, the screen is massive and ppcgeeks looks beautiful on it, and for those that dont think its a worthy upgrade or the big screen alone aint enough, well let me say go look at it, go to the home page of ppcgeeks on your tp1 and do the same on the tp2, and you will be amazed, it alone makes me wanna upgrade...

and darren, no their is no official date on sprints tp2 release... Only rumors, habent ya read the threads, the 6th and 3rd and 8th are all speculation...... I will leave sprint next week if we dont get a solid date like the tmobiles aug12th date 3 weeks to a month before it was released..... But hey, Im just impatiente...lol
Old 08-12-2009, 03:28 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjoeball View Post
meh, could be worse.

Canadian carriers rape us everywhere they can....

The Telus TP2 was $650 w/o contract, and they LOOOOVE their 3-year contracts.
On a comparable 2-year contract, Telus charges a WHOPPING $550.

Don't be sad, Americans. You could always be a Canadian PPCGeek.
My sentiments exactly!

Old 08-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Carrier: Sprint

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

Just a fyi for the people thinking of changing to tnobile for the tp2. Walmart and wirefly are selling it for 199 for new subscribers. I don't recommend it but just putting it out there
Old 08-13-2009, 02:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

ARHMogul is a n00b

Just an FYI, I just found the TP2 on www.letstalk.com for $199.00 with a new contract or upgrade! Kind of upsetting, I paid $350 for mine.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:14 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARHMogul View Post
Just an FYI, I just found the TP2 on www.letstalk.com for $199.00 with a new contract or upgrade! Kind of upsetting, I paid $350 for mine.
you can always return your tp2 to tmobile, then buy it from letstalk.com
Old 08-13-2009, 03:18 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

from sprints own computer. hmmmm
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2