PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DESIRE HD
Carrier: Telus

vakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pro 2 3d Drivers missing?

I've installed the drivers and there's a REAL difference on 3d demo ...

I have a question though : what's the point to install 3d drivers ? Are there games or applications that use 3d driver out there ?
Old 08-13-2009, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd

I installed those tweak drivers and man does the phone REALLY fly!!! It was already a fast phone now it just breezes! The only real issue I have with this phone now is memory availability and usage.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - CDMA

sh0ck is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakbrain View Post
I've installed the drivers and there's a REAL difference on 3d demo ...

I have a question though : what's the point to install 3d drivers ? Are there games or applications that use 3d driver out there ?
I know one, Need for Speed: Undercover for Windows Mobile
work realy great on TP2, the tilt sensor is working as well.
you shouldn't have trouble to find it in internet

there a review here: http://www.smartphonemag.com/cms/blo...windows-mobile
Old 08-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Some one make a video in how much fater it is with the hacked drivers. From what I gathered it helps and also does some harm in other areas. All those who said the hacked drivers make a huge difference can you say its equally or better and smoother in 3d compared to the iphone. Yeah yeah.. I know if I like the iphone then buy it. but I am comparing the 3d rendering only not the phone.I never will buy the iphone unless its unlocked 100%. Just go youtube some iphone app.Like the water one or beer one or fire one. Tose are like 60 fps smooth.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Anyone care to make a vid of any 3d app running on the pro 2/. I googled and theres absolutely none out there.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc titan touch diamond
Carrier: sprint metro

heinekenr2d2 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Ok.. after reading it looks like HTC has screwed the consumer again. Out the box no drivers. Damn... when will you all learn! Dont buy these junk phones with lacking drivers! As long as HTC and qualcomn dont settle the money issue its not gonna happen! HTC just need to move away from qualcomn CPU's.

Seriously! Look at the freaking Iphone! There does not need to be a hacking community to get 3d working better if not just to worl at all! Out the box it should work! Thats why isheeps keep snoobing us Wm users. We just get screwed by the manufacture right out the bat. Sad indeed. I will never buy HTC again until we get iphone quality rendering or better period. You all seen how our WM beer app looks like? Its like freaking 10 FPS. Iphone is like 60 FPS. Its its just a 2d program. geeezz..
lol you are too impatient mine is fine you just need the stock or rite cooked rom to use the turtle always wins
Old 08-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinekenr2d2 View Post
lol you are too impatient mine is fine you just need the stock or rite cooked rom to use the turtle always wins

You see the problem. Out the box xit dont work well, you have to tweak and add 3rd party drivers. Is it as smooth as the iphone in 3d rendering thou?I doubt it. Have oyu guys heard of HTC leo? thats a upgrade.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

thekarens is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
You see the problem. Out the box xit dont work well, you have to tweak and add 3rd party drivers. Is it as smooth as the iphone in 3d rendering thou?I doubt it. Have oyu guys heard of HTC leo? thats a upgrade.
I don't get it. If you're so hot for the iphone why don't you just go get one and join their forums? I personally like customizing and tweaking my phone.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DESIRE HD

vakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
I don't get it. If you're so hot for the iphone why don't you just go get one and join their forums? I personally like customizing and tweaking my phone.
He's probably the kind of guy who was worried about Steve Job's health

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2