PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: att,tmobile

moko is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can i buy htc tp2 from att/tmo,and get to work on sprint

i have a att and tmo.....my friend has sprint and i want to buy her a htc tp2(it has both cdma and gsm receivers,so will work on all carriers).....i was thinking the cheapest way is to use my upgrade from one of my 2 carriers,can i hack it to work on sprint....if its possible ofcourse....(she can't upgrade her sprint phone until 2 years)

if its possible.....is this the best/cheapest way.....or should i buy the phone unlocked at full price.

thanks for any help.

Last edited by moko; 08-11-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21
Re: can i buy htc tp2 from att/tmo,and get to work on sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by moko View Post
i have a att and tmo.....my friend has sprint and i want to buy her a htc tp2.....i was thinking the cheapest way is to use my upgrade from one of my 2 carriers,can i hack it to work on sprint....if its possible ofcourse....(she can't upgrade her sprint phone until 2 years)

if its possible.....is this the best/cheapest way.....or should i buy the phone unlocked at full price.

thanks for any help.
It's not possible, Att & T-mo are on a completely different network (i.e GSM) sim cards etc, Sprint and Verizon use CDMA. I don't even think it's poosible to use a Verizon on phone on Sprint. Sprint does something in their system to prevent these kinds of hacks.

Why can't your friend upgrade her phone for two years? Did she just buy a new phone? She can at least get a $75 rebate after a year is up of having the phone she has now.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Oh noz!!! but seriously as the post above mines two different networks i would say just buy it from your carrier cause if you buy it unlock it wont have at&t 3g bands and ya data will be a bit slow cause of that

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 08-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

moko is a n00b

well i know gsm phones cant work on cdma network.....but the tp2 has both recievers in them....thats way they will be sold on all carriers......so i thought there might be a way to get it to work on sprint.

my friend just got her phone acouple months ag....so would have to pay full price and wait till it comes to sprint...but its avaible now at tmo.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Exclamation Re: can i buy htc tp2 from att/tmo,and get to work on sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by moko View Post
well i know gsm phones cant work on cdma network.....but the tp2 has both recievers in them....thats way they will be sold on all carriers......so i thought there might be a way to get it to work on sprint.

my friend just got her phone acouple months ag....so would have to pay full price and wait till it comes to sprint...but its avaible now at tmo.
sprint should be dropping there tp2 sept 3rd or sept 8th not a long wait at all. i would wait it out for the sprint one cause tmo data 3g is a joke i know i had tmo and sprint at the same time...and there has yet been an hack to get the gsm part of the cdma tp2 to work on us carriers only over seas roaming
Old 08-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

rgreen60610 is a n00b

The phone doesn't come with two receivers its two versions of the phone with different receivers you wont get a sprint touch pro 2 with a sim card slot in it and you wont find an atnt/tmo tp2 that can communicate with sprints or verizons service its IMPOSSIBLE I CAN GUARANTEE IT UNLOCKED OR NOT HIT THANKS IF I HELPED
Old 08-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

moko is a n00b

thanks......ill wait till sep......
Old 08-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Shaska is just getting started

The CDMA (Verizon and Sprint) Touch Pro 2's have the GSM slot for worldwide travel, but they are Locked to not work on US GSM networks. The T-Mobile and HTC unlocked version And also the upcoming ATT versions are GSM only, They lack a CDMA radio at all so...

Long story short. Wont Work!
Old 08-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Exclamation Re: can i buy htc tp2 from att/tmo,and get to work on sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreen60610 View Post
The phone doesn't come with two receivers its two versions of the phone with different receivers you wont get a sprint touch pro 2 with a sim card slot in it and you wont find an atnt/tmo tp2 that can communicate with sprints or verizons service its IMPOSSIBLE I CAN GUARANTEE IT UNLOCKED OR NOT HIT THANKS IF I HELPED
no i think the sim card can be used by over seas sim cards only from what i read someone plz chime in if im wrong
Old 08-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

moko is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreen60610 View Post
oh ok.....i assumed it would be like my friends BB storm thats works on both networks.....he's on vz using cdma....but it still came with a sim slot and sim card incase he wants to use it on a gsm carrier.

so it was sold on a cdma carrier,but still came with both receivers in it....so maybe the tp2 being sold on a gsm carrier,would still come with cdma capabilities

Last edited by moko; 08-11-2009 at 05:54 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2