PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   can i buy htc tp2 from att/tmo,and get to work on sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78939)

moko 08-11-2009 05:14 PM

can i buy htc tp2 from att/tmo,and get to work on sprint

i have a att and tmo.....my friend has sprint and i want to buy her a htc tp2(it has both cdma and gsm receivers,so will work on all carriers).....i was thinking the cheapest way is to use my upgrade from one of my 2 carriers,can i hack it to work on sprint....if its possible ofcourse....(she can't upgrade her sprint phone until 2 years)

if its possible.....is this the best/cheapest way.....or should i buy the phone unlocked at full price.

thanks for any help.

antjones21 08-11-2009 05:25 PM

Re: can i buy htc tp2 from att/tmo,and get to work on sprint

Quote:

Originally Posted by moko (Post 1094956)
i have a att and tmo.....my friend has sprint and i want to buy her a htc tp2.....i was thinking the cheapest way is to use my upgrade from one of my 2 carriers,can i hack it to work on sprint....if its possible ofcourse....(she can't upgrade her sprint phone until 2 years)

if its possible.....is this the best/cheapest way.....or should i buy the phone unlocked at full price.

thanks for any help.

It's not possible, Att & T-mo are on a completely different network (i.e GSM) sim cards etc, Sprint and Verizon use CDMA. I don't even think it's poosible to use a Verizon on phone on Sprint. Sprint does something in their system to prevent these kinds of hacks.

Why can't your friend upgrade her phone for two years? Did she just buy a new phone? She can at least get a $75 rebate after a year is up of having the phone she has now.

TheRealHotshot 08-11-2009 05:27 PM

Oh noz!!! but seriously as the post above mines two different networks i would say just buy it from your carrier cause if you buy it unlock it wont have at&t 3g bands and ya data will be a bit slow cause of that

moko 08-11-2009 05:36 PM

well i know gsm phones cant work on cdma network.....but the tp2 has both recievers in them....thats way they will be sold on all carriers......so i thought there might be a way to get it to work on sprint.

my friend just got her phone acouple months ag....so would have to pay full price and wait till it comes to sprint...but its avaible now at tmo.

TheRealHotshot 08-11-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moko (Post 1094999)
well i know gsm phones cant work on cdma network.....but the tp2 has both recievers in them....thats way they will be sold on all carriers......so i thought there might be a way to get it to work on sprint.

my friend just got her phone acouple months ag....so would have to pay full price and wait till it comes to sprint...but its avaible now at tmo.

sprint should be dropping there tp2 sept 3rd or sept 8th not a long wait at all. i would wait it out for the sprint one cause tmo data 3g is a joke i know i had tmo and sprint at the same time...and there has yet been an hack to get the gsm part of the cdma tp2 to work on us carriers only over seas roaming

rgreen60610 08-11-2009 05:46 PM

The phone doesn't come with two receivers its two versions of the phone with different receivers you wont get a sprint touch pro 2 with a sim card slot in it and you wont find an atnt/tmo tp2 that can communicate with sprints or verizons service its IMPOSSIBLE I CAN GUARANTEE IT UNLOCKED OR NOT HIT THANKS IF I HELPED

moko 08-11-2009 05:48 PM

thanks......ill wait till sep......

Shaska 08-11-2009 05:49 PM

The CDMA (Verizon and Sprint) Touch Pro 2's have the GSM slot for worldwide travel, but they are Locked to not work on US GSM networks. The T-Mobile and HTC unlocked version And also the upcoming ATT versions are GSM only, They lack a CDMA radio at all so...

Long story short. Wont Work! :(

TheRealHotshot 08-11-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgreen60610 (Post 1095014)
The phone doesn't come with two receivers its two versions of the phone with different receivers you wont get a sprint touch pro 2 with a sim card slot in it and you wont find an atnt/tmo tp2 that can communicate with sprints or verizons service its IMPOSSIBLE I CAN GUARANTEE IT UNLOCKED OR NOT HIT THANKS IF I HELPED

no i think the sim card can be used by over seas sim cards only from what i read someone plz chime in if im wrong

moko 08-11-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgreen60610 (Post 1095014)

oh ok.....i assumed it would be like my friends BB storm thats works on both networks.....he's on vz using cdma....but it still came with a sim slot and sim card incase he wants to use it on a gsm carrier.

so it was sold on a cdma carrier,but still came with both receivers in it....so maybe the tp2 being sold on a gsm carrier,would still come with cdma capabilities