PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Shortcut to Games folder on new start menu? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78858)

pistol44 08-11-2009 09:14 AM

Shortcut to Games folder on new start menu?

Is this even possible? I've tried a dozen different ways including and haven't found success.

Anyone figure it out? ](*,)

CovKid66 08-11-2009 07:26 PM

Re: Shortcut to Games folder on new start menu?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistol44 (Post 1093874)
Is this even possible? I've tried a dozen different ways including and haven't found success.

Anyone figure it out? ](*,)

Personally I don't use TF3D, but I just tried copying the "Games" folder from Windows\Start Menu\Programs to the same folder but paste a shortcut to it. I was then able to add that to the new Start Menu. When you tap it from the start menu it opens the Games folder in your explorer though. Not sure if that's what you really want, but it gets the job done.

pistol44 08-14-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CovKid66 (Post 1095191)
Personally I don't use TF3D, but I just tried copying the "Games" folder from Windows\Start Menu\Programs to the same folder but paste a shortcut to it. I was then able to add that to the new Start Menu. When you tap it from the start menu it opens the Games folder in your explorer though. Not sure if that's what you really want, but it gets the job done.

Strange, I tried that but it didn't show up as a shortcut to add. I have managed to get it show up using Resco Explorerand creating the shortcut that way however it gives an error when opening it saying something about it not existing..

CovKid66 08-15-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistol44 (Post 1101821)
Strange, I tried that but it didn't show up as a shortcut to add. I have managed to get it show up using Resco Explorerand creating the shortcut that way however it gives an error when opening it saying something about it not existing..

FYI, I used Resco Explorer to do this anyway. Try it again from scratch. Delete whatever shortcut you may have created. Tap and hold the 'Games' folder under Windows\Start Menu\Programs and select Copy. Then I used the Edit | Paste Shortcut menu. It was then visible in the TF3D Start Menu when I clicked on a + spot to add it.

pistol44 08-21-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CovKid66 (Post 1103902)
FYI, I used Resco Explorer to do this anyway. Try it again from scratch. Delete whatever shortcut you may have created. Tap and hold the 'Games' folder under Windows\Start Menu\Programs and select Copy. Then I used the Edit | Paste Shortcut menu. It was then visible in the TF3D Start Menu when I clicked on a + spot to add it.

And yes that will in fact create the shortcut and it will give you the option to add it to the Start Menu. However after it's been added the problem occurs when tapping the Games folder short cut from the menu. It gives an error and says it's either been moved or deleted and that's the problem..

CovKid66 08-21-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistol44 (Post 1114480)
And yes that will in fact create the shortcut and it will give you the option to add it to the Start Menu. However after it's been added the problem occurs when tapping the Games folder short cut from the menu. It gives an error and says it's either been moved or deleted and that's the problem..

Odd...as I said, for me it opens the Games folder but in an explorer type window / program. Actually I think it opened it up in Resco Explorer! Perhaps it's because I'm on an older version of Resco???

Can't offer anything else sorry.

pistol44 08-21-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CovKid66 (Post 1114697)
Odd...as I said, for me it opens the Games folder but in an explorer type window / program. Actually I think it opened it up in Resco Explorer! Perhaps it's because I'm on an older version of Resco???

Can't offer anything else sorry.

And you're using the Telus TP2??

CovKid66 08-21-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistol44 (Post 1114838)
And you're using the Telus TP2??

Yep. And btw I just confirmed that it is Resco Explorer that is launched when I tap on the Games folder that I added to my TF3D Start menu.

junkzm3 09-13-2009 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure you are still interested, but I found a solution that is somewhat acceptable:

Create a file with this in it:
21#:MSFEXPLORE \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games
and name it Games.lnk or something

Put that in \Windows\Start Menu\
and you should be able to put that on the TF3D start menu

What this does is go through File Explorer straight to the Games folder
Sometimes it wouldn't work for me strangely (as in nothing launches), but lately it hasn't failed

Attached the exact .lnk that worked on my phone

SolApathy 09-17-2009 03:39 PM

well there is a way to do it somehow with the stock setup (no tweaks). The start menu has an office "folder" that when opened, opens a sub-menu just like you would want.