PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: telus multi party callin

That feature is a network feature, the rep is correct. What you guys are trying to accomplish will not work with cdma phones. I was already expecting this. No matter how many emails you send it will not change. Also to what someone else said about choosing a different phone, thats why you have 30days to exchange it.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: telus
Threadstarter

lecet444 is a n00b

wow...if i knew it was a network feature i woulda tried to get it free b4 i got it....anyone know how much it is anyways.....

btw
got my phone free with telus...with $50 student plan (unl. data)....200 ld mins....unl txt, vm, and extra hundred mins...with 10 national faves......all for 50.......is that like a good deal considering customre for over 5 years
Old 08-12-2009, 02:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

carterisgod is keeping up the good workcarterisgod is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecet444 View Post
got my phone free with telus...with $50 student plan (unl. data)....200 ld mins....unl txt, vm, and extra hundred mins...with 10 national faves......all for 50.......is that like a good deal considering customre for over 5 years
do you think it's a good deal? of course it's a good deal.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd

Telus and every other North American provider can go to hell with their fees and high rates. I'll of course happily take it up the tailpipe to the tune of $150 a month (it's given back to me via reimbursement) but damn Telus versus Sprint or Verizon is like night and day difference.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: telus
Threadstarter

lecet444 is a n00b

i call telus they have no idea what it is...and refer me to htc, and the rep from htc was the most complete idiot i ever talked to on the phone......tellin me its ur on a call and u press flass call another person and come back to it......i told him they had that out since 3 way calling came out, and his answer to that was ya i dunno why they're advertising..........all that coming from a rep from htc...worse tech rep ever
Old 08-17-2009, 12:23 PM
CLD
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

CLD is a n00b

p-slim is correct. Multi caller feature is available on gsm models only, cdma only has three way calling. This info is in the manual.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLD View Post
p-slim is correct. Multi caller feature is available on gsm models only, cdma only has three way calling. This info is in the manual.
Yeah, i am upset also because i have sprint, but it is something that i know is not possible with my service provider as well.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLD View Post
Guess I'm puzzled why anyone would think the CDMA standards in Canada would change just for one little phone. Heck we can't do multi-party conference calling on our landlines either unless you get a PRI / T1.

Filed under would be nice ... but on the other hand, if they COULD do it, can you imagine what the fees would be like for a 5 or 10 way conference call hosted on your TP2 --- ? (!)
Old 08-18-2009, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: rogers

maedhros is keeping up the good workmaedhros is keeping up the good work

So let me get this straight? Is CONFERENCE CALLING (The persons picture comes on the screen) or more then three people TALKING disabled? I had an N95 before I switched to the TP2 and I Had 4 ppl on the phone with me TALKING. Conference calling is an extra feature you have to pay extra for, and I think only 2 networks in europe support it and then Rogers.

However we should be able to add more then 2 ppl into a call together at once correct?

What if we were using this on the rogers network?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by maedhros View Post
So let me get this straight? Is CONFERENCE CALLING (The persons picture comes on the screen) or more then three people TALKING disabled? I had an N95 before I switched to the TP2 and I Had 4 ppl on the phone with me TALKING. Conference calling is an extra feature you have to pay extra for, and I think only 2 networks in europe support it and then Rogers.

However we should be able to add more then 2 ppl into a call together at once correct?

What if we were using this on the rogers network?
I don't know about the rodgers network, but with any cdma network you can only conference in 2 people. Now if one of the people i conference in decide to call someone else and conference them in, then that will work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2