PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   apps (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78705)

lecet444 08-10-2009 10:25 AM

apps

okk....soo i just got the TP2
and i want similar apps to iphone
such as shazaam (which i got)
the thing is i cant find actual apps, unless i know by name on internet
what apps are great (cool) such as shazaam, also mytoronto traffic (cant find it for windows)
where can i get those

and also quick question....does the TP2 have gps reciever or uses cell tower....if reciever, how come doesnt work while ur on the phone

thank you

vakbrain 08-10-2009 05:02 PM

Re: apps

Quote:

Originally Posted by lecet444 (Post 1091908)
and also quick question....does the TP2 have gps reciever or uses cell tower....if reciever, how come doesnt work while ur on the phone

Yes it does have a GPS receiver.

darren.wlsn1 08-10-2009 05:04 PM

tp apps will work also, check our forum.

lecet444 08-11-2009 02:48 PM

if it has a gps reciever...why does it not work when i dont have cellphone signal.......(i did the gps fix with qpst)

vakbrain 08-11-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lecet444 (Post 1094619)
if it has a gps reciever...why does it not work when i dont have cellphone signal.......(i did the gps fix with qpst)

I installed IGO on my TP2 and it detects 9-11 satellite (sometimes even more) and I can see their position in IGO. A-GPS cannot give satellites position ;-)

I tried my TP2 in the middle of nowhere (no signal) and the GPS was working great ! Try to disable the assisted gps in advanced config app.

tobeychris 08-11-2009 04:07 PM

Please be reminded that this is not an iPhone and that there are no 'apps'.

An application has to be specifically designed for WM and just because the iPhone has it, doesn't imply that every other mobile OS does as well. The reverse is also true.

drift365 08-11-2009 04:11 PM

is that phone on a cdma network? if it is, cdma will only allow one data connection at a time, and therefore you cannot do those things simultaniously....i think...

Cheers,

Matt

vakbrain 08-11-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift365 (Post 1094829)
is that phone on a cdma network? if it is, cdma will only allow one data connection at a time, and therefore you cannot do those things simultaniously....i think...

Cheers,

Matt

You're right. CDMA has his disadvantages. Good thing that Telus' TP2 is a worldwide edition :mrgreen:

Shaska 08-11-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vakbrain (Post 1094927)
You're right. CDMA has his disadvantages. Good thing that Telus' TP2 is a worldwide edition :mrgreen:

Not entirely correct from my understanding.

CDMA (EVDO) networks only allow either voice or data at a time through the CDMA radio. But, the GPS system does not in any way require a CDMA connection to function, Its a different chipset (radio) and therefore is not hindered by the restrictions of EVDO networks.

I agree with the tip to try turning off the Assisted GPS system, Because thats the only part that requires a cell signal. The GPS may be slower, and a little less accurate, But it should work. If that still doesn't work, You got yourself a defective GPS chip my friend.

TheBundo 08-11-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift365 (Post 1094829)

Cheers,

Matt

I'm not sure. What about when you browsing, and email comes in and downloads. Those 2 things are happening simultaneously, right?